Title: Social Media Analyst
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Social Media Analyst to join the Digital Marketing team. This position will serve as the internal expert on social media analytics to support US brands and Corporate Brand teams. Main responsibilities include defining best practices, consolidating leanings and providing recommendations from social insights for dissemination across the organization.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
* Administer social listening by managing topics, roll out updates and train users
* Monitoring conversations across social media channels to unveil actionable recommendations and engagement opportunities for internal clients (brand teams and corporate communications)
* Utilizing multiple data sets to establish benchmarks against industry norms
* Competitive analysis in social media in the appliance industry
* Develop social media dashboard including ROI metrics
* Integrate social media data into web analytics dashboard and add insights and actionable recommendation based on findings
* Exploring trends in social media and opportunities for growth and engagement
* Training clients and internal staff in social media monitoring tools and reporting processes.
* Offer market knowledge and business intelligence to clients on a continual basis
* Support reputation management by listening and predicting potential problems in the social media space
* Maintain thought leadership on tools and methodologies in the social data space
What you need to succeed in this position:
* Up to 3 years of experience in analytics, digital and social media related
* Strong analytical skills and ability to provide recommendation based on insights to improve the overall PR strategy for brands and corporate communications
* Strong experience using social media tools such as Radian6 and Netbase
* Strong understanding on how to perform competitive analysis
* Extensive experience with measuring and using insights from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
* Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
* Self starter personality, highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities
* BS degree technical field required. BS in marketing engineering or social data analysis, MS, MBA or equivalent job experience is a plus
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, consulting skills and ability to work in a team
* Basic knowledge on web analytics systems (Omniture /CoreMetrics/Webtrends) and marketing channels including email, SEM, SEO and Affiliate is a plus
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.