Title: Test Automation Engineer
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Whirlpool is looking for aSenior Engineertoprovide technical expertise forlab equipment/systems, automated reliability test systems and communication between controls and test systems. You will be part of theGlobal Lab Servicesgroup in the new, state of the art Benton Harbor Tech Center.
We are looking for someone who understands electronics, schematics, and enjoys diving into technical details. If you are a highly motivated person who is a team player and can work with technology and people, you just may be the person we need.
What You Will Do
* Support RTS (Refrigeration Test System) by adding new functionality and troubleshooting hardware/software issues
* Support interfaces for the WIDE (Whirlpool Intermodule Device Extension) protocol to get data from the controls into lab systems
* Develop fixtures to perform reliability testing on controls or sub-systems
* Make data accessible and detailed, but not overwhelming
* Create schematics, software programs, direct the work of technicians
* Work on a global and cross-product basis
* Share best practices globally and with other product groups
* Provide solutions to other product groups and regions that leverage already-existing tools and technologies
* Provide end-user support for systems
* Use Opex tools to perform Measurement System Evaluations
* Utilize programming languages and new technologies
* Work with end users to understand their needs and apply technology
* 4-Year Engineering Degree (Electrical Engineering)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in computer programming: (VBA, C , SSRS, VB, LabView, CVI)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in PC-Based automated testing desired.
* Working knowledge of relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SQL)
* Possess natural abilities with computers, networking and technology in general
* Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a team player
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to use technical equipment including power tools, soldering iron
* Frequently be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds - occasionally up to 100 pounds with assistance.
* Strong customer interaction skills.
What You Need To Succeed
* PC-based data acquisition systems: National instruments, Fluke, Yokogawa
* Electronics, plumbing, mechanical and refrigeration systems
* Power tools, soldering iron (occasional)
* Electrical and refrigeration systems
* Opex toolset: Thought Maps, MSEs (validate a new system), DOEs (optimize a system)
* Uncertainty of measurements
Whirlpool Leadership Requirements And Qualifications
Whirlpool prides itself on hiring great talent with the necessary leadership requirements and qualifications to achieve greatness. In this position, we are looking for a leader that possesses strong character and integrity, as well as confidence in their actions and decisions to ensure that Whirlpool products are exceeding consumer expectations. The leader must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external parties, and have the solid vision and strategy to meet product requirements and goals. With these attributes and practices, we believe that the leader will successfully provide extraordinary results and consistently drive change to continually add to Whirlpool's success.
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.