Engineer IV - Protection (With Supervisory Responsibilities)
The Opportunity:Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Engineer IV-Protection emphasis position located in our Government Services unit. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical knowledge in power systems protection from the inception of the project to commissioning of military and government projects, then this position is for you!
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) seeks a mid level Protection Engineer with a PE license to apply his/her technical expertise in power protection in high voltage design and lead teams to a successful completion of various government related projects. This position is located in Pullman, WA and the engineer must be a US citizen to work with government projects.
SEL's corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you''ll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.Engineer IV-Protection (With Supervisory Responsibilities)Responsibilities:
* Develop and maintain an expert level of technical expertise in electric power system protection .
* Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of SEL equipment and solution to electric power system protection.
* Assist in the preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services and systems. Be a secondary customer contact on primarily technical matters.
* Work within the project team to resolve customer concerns and foster customer satisfaction.
* Complete assigned work within agreed upon schedule and budget to a high level of quality.
* Train and assist customers with the installation, commissioning and operation of protection systems, both on-site and from SEL offices.
* Assume Project Management role on assigned projects.
* Assist and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
* Supervisory duties as assigned.
* Follow and improve applicable processes.
* Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.Qualifications:
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
* Professional Engineers License from any state or territory of the US
* Over eight years of relevant experience with electrical power systems practices:
* Strong knowledge of electric power systems
* Excellent technical training, speaking and writing skills
* Willing to travel up to 25% both nationally and internationally
* Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
* Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
* Background check results satisfactory to SEL
* Ability to adhere to SEL''s tobacco free workplace policy
* Negative drug test result(s)Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience with electric power transmission, distribution, and/or generation systems
* Experience being a part of project teams
* Expert knowledge of system protection, integration and automation applicationsTo Apply For This Position:We ask all candidates to submit their resume through our website at www.selinc.com/applynow. If your qualifications and experience match any of our current openings, please submit your resume for that position so that you may be considered immediately.
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of resume submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.An Award Winning CompanySchweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets to include international customers and OEM markets.
SEL earned a spot on the 2012 FORTUNE Magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For list. This prestigious ranking celebrates the SEL 100% employee-owned culture as one of the best in the country. SEL has received numerous awards, including the Puget Sound Business Journal's 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Washington State (1999 through 2003, 2010, and 2011), Inc. Magazine's 5005000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (1990, 1991, 2008, 2010, and 2011), the Association of Washington Businesses (AWB) Manufacturing, Workplace, and Community Service Award (1998 through 2010), and the Washington State Quality Achievement Award (WSQA).
In an independent survey conducted by Newton-Evens Research Company, SEL ranks first in seven performance categories including: technology, features, security against hackers, web/internet information ability, technical service and support, price, and relay setting PC software. Since 2006, SEL has also held the elite VPP STAR status certification for outstanding safety and health programs.Apply Your Talent. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.Are you ready to be part of a highly motivated and well-equipped team? Are you a quick learner who likes new challenges? If so, then you are ready to join us at Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
Dr. Edmund O. Schweitzer III delivered the first commercial digital protective relay in 1984. Under his technical, managerial, and fiscal leadership, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories has expanded to 3000 employees. Ed understands and supports the need for investing in employees. In return, he expects that we hire only the best, most highly motivated team members, and that we deliver simple, reliable, and cost-effective products and solutions.
Our products and solutions must be simple and reliable because they protect the largest, most complicated machine on earth: the electric power grid. Blackouts in the U.S. and Canada remind us that reliable electric power is crucial to our society. SEL provides systems, services, and products for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of utility and industrial electric systems worldwide.
Our company and our products exist to make electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. That purpose has made SEL very successful, and the company is managed with sound fiscal judgment and that purpose in mind. Profits are reinvested to fuel the company's growth.
In addition to offering a variety of challenges in a supportive, stable environment, SEL shares its success with employees by giving them stock in the company. All employees earn stock at the same rate. And because only employees can own SEL stock, the stock price is not subject to market volatility. Even when the stock market value has plunged, SEL stock consistently increased in value.
Employee Testimonial Video:SEL employees describe the opportunity and rewards of a career working at a 100% employee owned company!#p/c/9/sMyhbe7Hklo
Benefits:SEL has an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision for all regular full-time employees and their entire family; long-term disability and life insurance; education assistance programs; a very generous employee stock ownership plan; 401K; flexible benefit account; and an outstanding work environment.