Biomedical Equip Tech II-Clinical Engineering
Department: Clin Engineering
Schedule: Full time 36-40 hours (with benefits)
Shift: First Shift (Day)
* Summary of Position Description
This is technical work diagnosing, repairing, testing, calibrating, modifying, specifying, installing, and maintaining a variety of diagnostic, therapeutic and analytic biomedical equipment and related workstations/computers, networks and systems and electro-mechanical equipment and systems. Confers with various hospital staff and clarifies the nature of equipment and system problems and projects.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Knowledge of operation, repair, calibration, installation and of diagnostic and therapeutic medical equipment and systems as normally obtained through the completion of an Associates Degree in Biomedical Electronics Technology and five or more years of directly related experience. Other equivalent combination of education and experience shall be considered.
* Excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and work effectively with technical staff and user departments to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and departments throughout the institution and with manufacturers, vendors and other service organizations. The ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
* Knowledge of the techniques of troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, specifying, and installing diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and systems. Knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, electronics, workstations/computers, major communications protocols and networking. The ability to use such knowledge to organize and prioritize all work and to resolve complex device and/or system problems, improve department operations, and reduce costs. The ability to use such knowledge to act independently and serve on-call for off-hours service of all biomedical equipment and systems. Skilled in the use of general office applications such as clinical engineering database, word processing, E-mail, spreadsheet, and scheduling
* Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for approximately eighty percent of work time when preparing and performing work.
* A valid State of Maine drivers license
HR Use Only: