Clinical Nurse II - Emergency Department
Department: Emergency Bram Poison Ctrl
Schedule: Part time 20-35.9 hours (with benefits)
Shift: Rotating (Day/Night)
Summary of Position Description
Experienced ED RN needed, ACLS, TNCC, ENPC and CEN preferred.
24 hours, day/night, 2-12 hour shifts working every third weekend
The Clinical Nurse supports Maine Medical Center''s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, patient and family centered care, commitment to our community, and accountability. In accordance with national standards of nursing practice and within the guidelines and policies and procedures of both Maine Medical Center and the Maine State Board of Nursing, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, documentation, and evaluation of the effects of nursing care. Care delivery and coordination of patient and family care begins with the initial contact with the health care system and may continue across the continuum. Services may be provided on an inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory, and/or community basis.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* In accordance with the Clinical Nursing Advancement Program, a Clinical Nurse II may choose to remain at Level II as opposed to seeking advancement to Level III.
* Meets all requirements of Clinical Nurse I. Completion of Level I usually achieved by 12 months of employment.
* Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with patients, families, and healthcare team members.
* Evidence of 10 hours of ongoing education per year.
* Ability to identify potential crisis situations involving patients and/or families and to initiate appropriate action
* A Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing is preferred.
* Demonstrated competency in applying evidence based knowledge, theory, practices, principles, and processes of professional nursing.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in the state of Maine.
HR Use Only: