Clinical Nursing Assistant I-R9-Interventional Cardiology
Department: Nursing Por R9
Schedule: Part time 20-35.9 hours (with benefits)
Shift: Rotating (Day/Night)
Summary of Position Description
20 hours, day/night rotating
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurses and according to defined policies and procedures, performs various service duties and technical tasks such as taking vital signs and assisting patients with basic hygiene and activities of daily living. Specific duties may vary by area of assignment. Consideration of the special needs and behaviors of specific patient populations is required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationship with patients, families, visitors and Medical Center employees.
* Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
* Must be certified as a Nursing Assistant by State of Maine and be on the State of Maine Registry.
* Ability to read, write and speak English in order to transcribe and communicate approved provider''s orders at a level normally acquired through a high school education.
* Knowledge of standards, policies, procedures and organizational structure of the unit, the Department of Nursing, and Maine Medical Center.
* Participates in ongoing education relative to role as defined.
* CNA experience 0 - 6 months, on the job training provided.
HR Use Only: