Large non-profit mental health agency seeks qualified, experienced candidate for the role of Collections Representative. This person will be responsible to follow up on denials and outstanding A/R for the agency.
Follow up on all outstanding Maine Care accounts greater than 30 days old.
• Submit bills electronically using internal software compatible with the State of Maine.
• Achieve a 2 - 3 week turnaround time for payment receipt.
• Reconcile all submissions to Maine Care.
Follow up on all outstanding Medicare, Third Party Insurance, and Miscellaneous Billing accounts greater than 60 days.
• Submit claims on payer preferred format
• Reconcile all billing prior to submission to Medicare or Third Party Insurance Carriers.
Follow up, correct and resubmit claims for all incoming Government and non-Government denials within 5 business days of receipt of Explanation of Benefits.
Coordinate the monthly Self-Pay Billing and respond to any patient inquiries regarding the bills.
• Prepare and send statements
• Establish payment arrangements on outstanding balances
• Identify accounts that need to be sent to the collection agency
A minimum of two years experience in Third-Party and Government billing/reimbursement and one year of collections. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must. Willingness to work effectively in a team oriented environment. Experience with personal computer spreadsheets and database packages, including Excel, Microsoft Word, and Accounts Receivable financial software.
Click Here to Download Complete