Type: Regular Full-Time
Posted Date: 11/14/2012
Job ID: 2097
More information about this job:
BlueLinx Corporation remains the leading domestic wholesaler of building products, serving independent dealers, industrial customers and large home improvement centers from over 60 locations in theUnited Statesand one location inCanada. BlueLinx creates value for our customers and vendors across the supply chain by providing an outlet for a significant portion of the building products and an ever-growing selection of distribution services that utilize our vast transportation assets and facilities, and a wide selection of third-party products. For additional information, please visit us on the web @www.BlueLinxCo.com.
Position Purpose Summary:
Piece pick; full order assembly and staging; unit breakdown with material re-banding or shrink wrap; engineered lumber; cut to size; material put away; online inventory processing and material labeling; facility housekeeping; light maintenance; and other duties as assigned.
The Utility Position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of warehouse tasks in support of material handlers.
- Manually piece pick product to assemble/stage orders
- Put away/store material in accordance with warehouse location system
- Breakdown units and perform material cutting, re-banding, shrink wrapping, labeling
- Support material handlers in unloading inbound trucks and rail when directed
- Support material handlers in loading outbound trucks or order checking when directed.
- Perform facility housekeeping; light maintenance; and other warehousing duties as assigned.
- Operate motorized equipment (lift truck, order picker, sweepers, and other equipment as assigned), shear, chain saws, and other powered or electric hand tools
- Normally works Monday through Friday schedule
-Safe and stable work history
-Experience in warehousing or manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended period
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs using safe lifting techniques
- Ability to read/comprehend sales order, purchase orders, safety material,etc
-Knowledge of loading/unloading/storage requirements
- Forklift experience desired; ability to learn safe operation required
Apply for this job:
* Apply for this jobonline
* Email this job to a friend