Title: Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Health
Location: OR-Pendleton-St Anthony Hospital
Job Number: 1300002459
Under direction of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant contributes to the basic patient care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patient. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
* Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment. Attends and participates in regular meetings
* Contributes to the assessment of the health status of patients.
* Communicates pertinent patient information to appropriate members of the treatment team with direction of the Charge Nurse.
* Assists patients with a variety of personal care tasks:
* Takes vital signs, changes dressings and helps patients take their medication.
* Assists patients/families with light housekeeping duties such as assisting with meals or changing bed linens.
* Reports any changes in a patient's condition to the Charge Nurse.
* Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
* Ability to follow oral and written directions accurately and thoroughly, and observe/respond to needs of patients.
* Keyboarding skills required.
* Must possess interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, visitors and guests.
* Ability to prioritize and organize work.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent diploma (GED).
* Experience preferred.
* Must have Nurse''s Aide certificate.
* CPR certification is required.
* If applying for a Home Health CNA position, you must have a valid State Driver''s License and proof of current automobile insurance.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity:Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence:Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Job: Patient Care Support