Title: Rehab Aide
Job Number: 26886
Providence is calling an on-call Rehab Aide for a day shift position at Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
In this position, you will:
* Provide overall support for therapists in carrying out the day-to-day patient care activities and treatment. Support therapists, clerical staff and clinical lead/clinic manager with administrative, clerical and operational duties.
* Work within a multi-disciplinary team.
* Perform general department maintenance and maintains inventory of department equipment, linen and supplies.
* Be willing to work in a variety of settings.
* Be required to transport patients in hospital vehicles.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Completion of high school, GED or equivalent.
* AHA BLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
* Completion of PMMC Rehabilitation Services Department Physical Therapy
Aide training program within three months of employment.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Some college coursework.
* Prior experience as a Therapy Aide.
* Training or demonstrated experience with Windows based software programs.
* Strong interest in physical therapy/health professions as a career.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
Southern Oregon has an extensive multi-specialty medical community with leading-edge technology and a wide range of rehabilitation and secondary and tertiary clinical programs. The attractions in southern Oregon appeal to a wide variety of people seeking an active quality life style. Home to over 200,000 people, Medford and the Rogue Valley still maintain a small town atmosphere where world class outdoor and cultural amenities, excellent schools, a university and a community college are minutes away. The moderate climate and family friendly environment of the area appeals to people of all ages who are attracted to the part of the Northwest where sunshine abounds.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Job: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)