Surgery Technician - RRMC
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full Time
Hiring Range: $17.42 - $23.94
Hours: 8:45am - 7:15pm
Job Details: - BLS - Basic Life Support American Heart Assoc. Required
- 40 Hour OT Rule - OT paid after 40 worked hours in a week
- FTE 1.0
- Full Time Benefited 40 hrs/wk
Rogue Valley Medical Centerin Medford is dedicated to nurturing, advancing and protecting the health of the people of Southern Oregon and Northern California. With high quality services and the latest medical technology our 378-bed facility is the premier referral center for the region providing superb medical care with genuine human compassion. We have been named a top 100 cardiovascular hospital five times in the past 9 years and have 15 surgical suites and a team of exceptional professionals to work alongside.
TheSurgery Techis a member of the operating room team and works under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. The Surgery Tech assists in direct patient care and assembles instrumentation, supplies and equipment for surgical procedures. Surgery Techs may also be called "Scrub Techs". Specific duties include:
· Selecting and preparing the appropriate supplies and equipment for the surgical cases.
* Operating surgical equipment.
* Organizing instrumentation and the sterile field.
* Anticipating the needs of the surgeon, passing appropriate instruments to the surgeon or surgeon assistant and assisting in exposure of the surgical field.
* Performing all surgical counts consistently.
* Assisting in room turnovers.
Standby call is required in addition to scheduled shifts. When on standby call, Surgery Tech must be able to return to the operating room within 20 minutes of receiving page. Must be on-call one holiday/holiday weekend.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; graduate of an approved course in OR technology or graduate of an accredited Surgical Tech program, or two years experience as a Surgical Tech.
License/Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certified by the American Heart Association; Certified Surgical Technologist preferred.
Experience: Previous experience providing knowledge of related patient care typically gained through two years in surgery; ability to scrub for all specialties preferred.