Title: Clinical Nurse Educator - Full time - Locations specifed in despcription ( within the Ministry/Affinity system)
Ministry Health Care is looking for a full time Clinical Nurse Educator to join our team of dedicated and passionate professional educators. If you are a patient-centered registered nurse looking to provide superior consultative support to our staff of patient care professionals, please apply today! Ministry as a growing organization is seeking motivated, creative nursing professionals that want to be part of designing and collaborating to continue to evolve education services across Ministry.
We currently have positions available in Western Region ( Marshfield, WI) or Central Region Stevens Point/Wausau area)
The Clinical Nurse Educator (CNE) provides staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, liaison, and facilitator focusing on clinical competence, safe patient care, and the support of key strategic goals and system initiatives within the context of the unit and classroom-based components of the orientation process and on-going clinical education. The CNE facilitates, in collaboration with the Preceptor and Nurse Manager, the standardized, unit-based orientation for new hire RNs, utilizing competency assessment tools/processes to ensure clinical competence. The CNE fosters a learning environment that assists the new hire RN to complete the orientation process in an effective and efficient manner. The Clinical Nurse Educator is also responsible for the development, delivery, and evaluation of evidence-based clinical education for the classroom component of the orientation process and on-going clinical education. The CNE is a role model of professional behavior and is instrumental in creating a professional climate within the organization
1. Develops, delivers, and evaluates evidence-based education for system-wide, standardized classroom-based orientation for new hire RNs and ongoing clinical education (departmental and system-wide scope) in collaboration with subject matter experts and stakeholders, utilizing adult learning principles and curriculum design expertise
2. Provides oversight, in conjunction with the preceptor and nurse manager, the standardized, unit-based orientation process for new hire RNs, utilizing checklists, roadmaps, mileposts, and the Critical Thinking Diagnostic tool to ensure RN competency and the completion of the orientation process in an effective and efficient manner
3. Develops and maintains standardized competency assessment tools/processes (checklists, mileposts, roadmaps, etc.) in collaboration with stakeholders
4. Facilitates and coordinates the Simulation Learning Labs and assists in the development of evidence- based clinical scenarios for competency assessment, skill development/enhancement, etc.
5. Collaborates with the Learning Technologies Department to develop/maintain clinical education/curriculum such as computer-based training, job aids, templates, checklists, Resource Directory etc.6. Collaborates with the Rural Nurse Residency Coordinator and the Learning Technologies department in the development and delivery of curriculum for the Rural Nurse Residency Program (Critical thinking vignettes, simulation learning strategies, etc) and the monitoring of Nurse Residents' progress on the clinical unit
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited program required. Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program highly desirable. BLS certification required.
Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a RN in a healthcare related field. Experience providing adult education preferred. Curriculum expertise highly desirable.
Current RN licensure in the State of Wisconsin required.Completion of an approved education certification program (Certified Nurse Educator) preferred