View Job Cart
Tell A Friend
FedEx Freight, Inc.
This is a part time position.
Transport freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers.
. Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system
. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope)
. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
. Verify and complete required documentation and reports
. Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
. Perform other duties as required
job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
* High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Prior experience in warehousing, freight handling and/or fork lift operations preferred
* Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
* Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
* Ability to lift/carry hand freight of varying weights several times a week, to lift dock plates weighing approximately 100 pounds, and to open trailer doors requiring approximately 75 pounds of lift force, up to several times per day or more
* Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift
* Ability to follow instructions and complete required training
* Ability to work independently and/or as a team member
* Previous dock/warehouse experience preferred
* Dock environment; exposure to varied weather conditions, exhaust, fumes, dust, noise
* Hours may vary due to operational need
* Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-paced, deadline oriented
Job ID: 45564
JobTitle: Dockworker Part-time