Title: Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting Crash Crew Member
PDS is seeking anAircraft Rescue and Fire FightingCrash Crew Member for an open position in Melbourne, FL.
In your role, you will:
* Operate and maintain specialized Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles and equipment.
* Utilize radio communications equipment with other crash rescue personnel, emergency units, air crews, flight dispatch and air traffic control facilities.
* Respond to actual or potential ground or flight emergencies to prevent or extinguish fires and rescue aircraft crew and passengers.
* Preposition emergency vehicles along expected landing runway and/or respond to aircraft location.
* Position ARFF vehicles at the mishap scene to apply extinguishing agents as necessary for fire control and/or facilitate self-evacuation of aircraft occupants.
* Rescue those crew members and passengers who may be trapped or injured and administer First Aid as required.
* Assist local medical responders in prioritizing treatment and transport of injured accident victims.
* May deactivate aircraft electrical power to prevent fires or explosions.
* Establish firelines to prevent unauthorized persons from entering crash area.
* Perform stand-bys for aircraft engine runs, fueling and defueling, fuel cell maintenance, and all other related high-hazardous aircraft testing procedures.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
Technical training in operation and maintenance of ARFF vehicles and other equipment,
General and aircraft-related firefighting principles, procedures and techniques; including capabilities of extinguishing agents; use of self-contained breathing apparatus; aircraft entry procedures and methods, both normal and forcible.
General and location-specific knowledge of aircraft construction, including fuel, oil, and electrical systems, non-weapon ordnance, and ejection seats.
Maintain certification as an ARFF crewmember in accordance with current directives and regulations through ongoing recurrent proficiency training.
Interim Secret Clearance to start.
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation''s premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. For more information about PDS, please check our website,www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.
To find a branch near you, look at ourBranch Locator
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check. If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination. PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests.