Title: Coder (Health Information Analyst)
Job Number: 27131
Providence is calling a Coder to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital in Spokane, WA.
Are you focused and technical in your medical coding abilities? Join our Health Information Team as a coder to ensure appropriate coding of diagnoses and procedures.
In this position you will:
* Perform ICD-9-CM and CPT diagnostic and procedural coding by utilizing a computerized coding methodology
* Code all diagnoses, treatments and procedures according to appropriate classification system
* Assess charts for secondary diagnoses and procedure codes.
* Identify and report significant deficiencies in information and assure that the appropriate diagnoses procedures are used to obtain reimbursement.
* Identify unusual comments/items/diagnoses on charts and communicate these variances through the appropriate process.
Requiredqualifications for this position include:
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Current Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification
* Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification
* Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding
* Knowledge of encoder software or computer application
* Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Associate's degree in Health Information Technology, Nursing or related field.
* Previous experience with health care coding
* Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Outlook and Word)
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.