Job Title Manager Quality - Food Safety
Job Function Quality
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Job Summary Provide food safety leadership for Lamb Weston (LW) plants, business unit management, and other corporate departments. Activities include applying food safety standards and procedures to a wide variety of product and process needs. Areas are wide ranging including microbiological hazards, chemical/toxilogical hazards, physical hazards, allergen concerns, etc. The incumbent will be a key resource in establishing and implementing food safety strategy, improving food safety standards, goals and objectives. Important communications include both internal and external customers.
* Serve as an initial point of contact for customer food safety inquiries and concerns. This support will be both direct to customers and via LW internal personnel for all business units.
* Assist the facility in consumer and customer food safety complaint resolution and reduction activity across LW
* Support the management of LW timelines and critical milestones for the Food Safety Improvement Plan
* Participate in the development and implementation of corporate policy and procedures related to food safety and quality
* Lead food safety considerations through the commercialization process for new product launches and redesigns
* Support defining plant food safety process capabilities, sampling plans, & protocols to transition product from R&D pilot to commercial manufacturing.
* Support the creation of food safety standards into product specifications and appropriate manufacturing documentation
* Initiate and support changes to existing products in response to complaints, customer requests, or cost-saving activity related to food safety
* Support use of toolboxes to measure and control food safety systems and processes for continuous improvement. Hands on development of training material and training delivery is required
* Support Operations in corrective and preventative actions regarding internal and third party food safety audit deficiencies
* Determine & implement product dispositions regarding national holds due to higher level food safety & regulatory issues.
* Support determination & implementation of product dispositions regarding holds, warehouse, transport, & logistics issues.
* Ensure training of plant personnel in self-audits of their food safety systems
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert food safety related computer programs
* Support LW internal auditing team and plants receiving the audit
* Other duties, as assigned.
* B.S. in Food Science or related field required.
* Minimum of 7 years Quality Assurance experience in food industry required.
* Experience with FDA regulated facilities preferred.
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Excellent demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
* Excellent knowledge of food manufacturing processes.
* Strong understanding of food safety.
* Experience with using a full range of statistical and analytical tools and fundamentals.
* Excellent relationship skills.
* Must be available to travel 30 to 40%