Title: Medical Support Staff Coordinator/Phlebotomist - Anticoagulation Clinic
Job Number: 26949
Providence is calling a Medical Support Staff Coordinator/Phlebotomist to the Anticoagulation Clinic at Providence Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, WA.
We are seeking a detail oriented individual to handle front desk, billing and phlebotomy duties for our busy Anticoagulation Clinic.
In this position you will:
* Handle greeting, registration, pre-registration, insurance authorization, verification of benefits, explanation of various hospital forms and policies, and collection of monies due at time of service.
* Maintain accurate recurring outpatient accounts, entering charges, and calculating and reporting department statistics.
* Order and maintain supply and materials inventory, tracking test supplies, tracking monitor distribution, answering phones and other general office duties.
* Obtain blood samples from patients for diagnostic laboratory testing.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suit and possess accurate keyboarding skills, typing 45 wpm
* Experience with Medical Terminology
* General knowledge of coding using CPT-4 and ICD-9 codes
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Formal education in phlebotomy or college courses in anatomy, physiology, and other clinical sciences
* Pharmacy Assistant license in Washington State
* Experience as a Medical Assistant (MA), Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) or similar role in a health care facility
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Holy Family Hospital is a progressive, full service hospital in Spokane, Washington, offering a full range of medical and surgical services as well as specialty support and outpatient services. The hospital primarily serves north Spokane County-the fastest growing area in our region. We are currently licensed for more than 270 beds. As a not-for-profit Catholic hospital, every dollar we earn goes back to the community we serve. Providence Holy Family Hospital received several Five Star safety and excellence awards last year, including Patient Safety, Pulmonary, Respiratory and Critical Care.
Job: Ambulatory Pharmacy