[Apply Now] [Add to job cart]
Company Siemens Energy, Inc.
Division SEI - Energy Service, TurboCare
Functional Area ACC - Accounting/Finance
Location MA - Chicopee
Req ID 119013
Job Time Full-Time
Experience Level Mid Level
Required Education Bachelors Degree
Required Travel 0%
Siemens' Energy Sector is the only player offering vast expertise and innovative
products, solutions, and services in every aspect of today's increasingly complex
power matrix. With over 95,000 employees globally, Siemens Energy reported worldwide
revenue of $37.269 billion in fiscal 2011. The U.S. business, headquartered in
Orlando, Florida employs over 15,000 people. Business Divisions include Fossil Power
Generation, Wind Power, Solar & Hydro, Oil & Gas, Energy Service and Power
Transmission. For more information on the Energy sector, visit
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status,
family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
The position of Senior Financial Analyst is open within the Finance Organization.
This role will help drive performance and profitability improvements across our
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 - 8 years of professional accounting/finance experience required.
- BS Accounting or Finance degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Proven success in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with independent judgment to
deal with ambiguity.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to achieve company goals.
- Results-oriented contributor must demonstrate business acumen and
- Strong work ethic with ability to work overtime during peak periods
- Proficient Excel (V lookups, pivot tables and simple macros)
1. Provide cost and general ledger accounting support during the month end close
process including: operational management reporting, journal entries, account
analysis and reconciliation, and actual vs. budget analysis.
2. Accurate and timely analysis of Inventory, AR, Reserves, Revenue, Margins,
Absorption Rates, Bookings and Backlog.
3. Developing Financial Forecasting on a monthly basis by region and product line.
4. Compilation and evaluation of manufacturing key performance indicators including
variance explanations and support in development of recovery plans where applicable.
5. Active support and participation in annual operating and capital expenditure
budget processes including detailed production plans by facility and line item plans
by cost center. Analyze budget projections versus historical actual results and
6. Provide counsel and guidance to management and staff on company policy and
procedures, costs, internal controls, limits of authority, expense classification,
etc. Enforce and implement procedures designed to supplement and strengthen
internal controls and improve accountability.
7. Coordinates commission payment process for foreign sales representatives.
8. Assist with preparation of annual tax packages including tax-basis depreciation.
9. Cross functional team member requiring active participation in Finance and Plant
Operations teams as well as supporting other business areas as required.
10. Have the ability to negotiate with internal and external customers.