JOB STEPHelpers (includes helpers 0 months- helper 42 months) - Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience and assigned job step.DIVISIONMaintenanceSUMMARYPerforms basic decontamination and radioactive waste assignments using standard and prototype equipment.RESPONSIBILITIES- Assists in general decontamination and radioactive waste operations by providing labor support for routine balance of plant and outage activities
- Performs laundry related activities
- Assists in disassembly of equipment in preparation for decontamination and removal
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of decontamination equipment
- Performs decontamination through the application of a range of techniques including but not limited to moist wipe down, vacuum blasting, hydrolyzing, and hand excavation
- Performs laundry related activitiesQUALIFICATIONSHigh school diploma or equivalent and six (6) months experience in decontamination or radioactive waste activities. Power plant maintenance experience may be substituted on a case-by-case basis.