Job Title: PRODUCT ENGINEER LEVEL I
Description: Saint-Gobain is a leading worldwide producer of abrasives, building materials, high-performance plastics, insulation, flat glass, glass containers, piping, reinforcements and industrial ceramics. In the U.S. and Canada, Saint-Gobain employs over 24,000 people, and has approximately 200 manufacturing locations. Its total U.S. and Canada sales is $8.4 billion. Saint-Gobain Abrasives is the world''s leading manufacturer and distributor of abrasives products and systems.
Job Responsibilities: Position Summary:
The incumbent assists to improve technical leadership and technical support for market programs, while monitoring and assuring sales/market share results at target which represent significant potential. He/she assists in determining market and product needs, then ensures and initiates the development, testing, and introduction of improved/new products for his/her assigned end markets. He/she provides technical service support to the field sales organization to train, motivate and convert competitive business for the purpose of maintaining or increasing sales.
Principal End Results:
1. Analyze market requirements and competitive situations and initiate the development, testing, and training needs consistent with the plans and strategies of the appropriate business unit/market.
2. Provide liaison between the field sales organization and other functional areas.
3. Monitor and assure sales/market share results at specific target accounts where which represent significant potential.
4. Create an awareness of SGC products and their application advantages by acquiring, evaluating, and maintaining technical product information, and by providing such information through training and direct assistance to the sales organization, distributors, customers, and others within and outside the company; by making presentations at technical society meetings or seminars; and by writing articles for technical publications.
5. Provide technical service and promotional assistance to the field sales force, customers, and distributors for the purpose of maintaining or increasing sales.
6. Complete special projects as assigned by his/her Supervisor.
7. Provide market leadership and technical support to achieve the sales and profit goals for the assigned businesses, and to assist in preparing an annual business plan for a product line.
8. Provide technical support on product lines; so as to achieve sales force, customer, and internal department satisfaction.
9. Assist in developing and provide input to sales forecasts; develop and recommend tactics for balancing supply and demand.
10. Develop and write technical and promotional literature for assigned product line.
11. Provide input for allocation of R&D resources for new product development. In a limited manner, coordinate testing and introduction of any new products when ready for commercialization.
For immediate consideration, please apply below.
Please forward resume by the deadline to:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Ref. Code: AB8901