Title: Consumer Lending Underwriter 2
Job Number: 130005986
Analyzes and evaluates consumer loan applications in accordance with industry and business unit standards. Gathers, analyzes and interprets all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss. Develops and maintains a loan and lease portfolio consistent with the Bank's guidelines for credit quality and pricing. Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan pricing decisions. Counsels lenders on the proper structuring of loans.
Your Career is Here.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- One to three years of experience in credit analysis and/or underwriting loans
- Good credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret credit quality information
- Basic understanding of general economic theory as it relates to the lending and business environment
- Basic knowledge in credit analysis, underwriting, administration, policy and procedure
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Effective verbal communication and technical report writing skills
Job: Credit / Lending