Title: External Reporting, Technical Accounting Manager
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Job Number: 00FDT
This position is a key member of the External Reporting, Policy and Compliance Team within the Controllership Finance function. The External Reporting, Technical Accounting Manager is directly involved with SEC filings (Form 10-Qs, Form 10Ks, Form 8-Ks), researching and implementing new accounting standards as required, and continually fielding technical accounting questions as they apply to our global business. This is a fast-paced and exciting position that will provide the candidate with exposure to all levels of management and the opportunity to learn about Monsanto from a technical accounting and policy perspective.
Key responsibilities include:
* Overall responsibility for the proper completion of the financial statements and footnotes for the quarterly SEC filings (10K and 10Q). This includes preparing certain financial statements and footnotes, and serving as a level of management review for the final SEC filings.
* Field technical accounting questions from all businesses and regions requiring quick application of technical accounting to Monsanto business.
* Preparation for the quarterly Disclosure and Review Committee with Executive Management
* Research and implementation of new accounting pronouncements as applicable to Monsanto
* Management of the company wide annual balance sheet review process, with the potential to travel to various sites to hold the reviews
* Review and verification of quarterly earnings releases and related supporting documentation
* Assist in developing, updating, and/or maintaining Corporate Controllers Policies
* Development and presentation of training to the Finance organization on policy updates and new GAAP rules and regulations
* This is a full time position with the posibility with it being part-time
* Bachelor''s Degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA preferred
* At least 5 years of public accounting experience or 8 years financial accounting, reporting,and analysis experience preferred
* Master''s Degree or MBA is a plus
* Understanding of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
* Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley 404 rules
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
* Excellent communication (written and oral) skills a must
* Understanding/experience in working with financial systems (SAP, consolidations, etc.)
* Understanding of certain key accounting areas that impact the company such as Revenue Recognition, Purchase Accounting, Goodwill and Intangibles, Income Taxes, Derivatives, Stock Options, Pension, Discontinued Operations, Impairment of long-lived assets, Variable Interest Entities, etc.
- Job: Finance/Accounting