Title: Respiratory Therapist - Collinsville, IL (Full Time)
Job Number: 026953
Apria Healthcare is the largest provider of home healthcare products and services in the United States, offering a comprehensive range of home respiratory therapy, home infusion therapy and home medical equipment services to over 2 million patients annually in all 50 states through approximately 550 locations. We are committed to full-service homecare solutions that give maximum independence to our patients. Please visit our website atwww.apria.com.
* Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
* Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
* Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
* Responds to emergency calls on an on-call basis.
* Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited
to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, nasal CPAP and ventilation.
* Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
* Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
* Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition and home environment.
* Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care.
* Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
* At least one year related experience is required.
* Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC), RN with respiratory care experience, and/or licensure in the state of practice. Current license in appropriate state of practice is required.
* Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
* Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto insurance.
NOTE: In states without licensure requirements for Respiratory Therapists, contractual staff designated as Respiratory Therapists by their employing institution need only meet those requirements necessary to fulfill the standards of practice in their area.
Apria Healthcare(or Coram Healthcare) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Job: Clinical - Respiratory