WS0015">Customer Account Specialist
Share this job on Twitter!
Administrative Support ->Managing spreadsheets
Customer Service ->Frontline Support, Phone Support
Job Description :
This position is located at the Silgan White Cap Corporate Headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, within the Sales & Marketing Department, and reports directly to a Customer Account Team Leader. You will interact with our Customers and with other professionals within our organization. This position offers the right individual to make an impact on our organization.
In this role, you will:
• Receive, confirm and expedite customer orders received via phone, fax or e-mail.
• Regulate inventories, prepare inventory reports, and process customer issues.
• Maintain an open line of communication between Company, the Customer, and the Field Sales Account Manager.
• Manage accounts receivable functions for assigned Customers and crosstrain on other team members desks.
Headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, Silgan Holdings Inc. is a leading manufacturer of rigid packaging for consumer goods products with annual net sales of approximately $3.5 billion in 2011. The Company operates 82 manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia. Silgan is a leading supplier of metal containers in North America and Europe, and a leading worldwide supplier of metal, composite and plastic vacuum closures for food and beverage products. In addition, Silgan is a leading supplier of plastic containers for personal care products in North America.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Review, process and confirm orders received from the customers on a daily basis in order to place orders for productions and to release closures.
2. Manage account load by updating inventory reports and forecasting demand in order to meet Customer demand while updating our Plants on necessary requirements. Prepare inventory and planned production reports for the customer.
3. Review credit conditions and resolve payment discrepancies to ensure material availability for Customers'' requirements.
4. Commuicate with Customers; interface with Sales Account Managers.
5. Create customs paperwork for International shipments when/if account load includes International customers.
6. Report on old age inventory and provide a quarterly review to Sales and Customer Service for comments and disposition. Continually keep in front of the Customer Service group as a goal to keep old age inventory low and moving.
7. Enter Customer issues as reported by the Customers, the Sales representative, or the Field Service technician, in order to alert the Plant of an issue and to resolve.
8. Review new artwork and color matches submitted and send artwork and color panels to the Customers for approvals to ensure correct artwork and colors are being used.
9. Determine correct set up for a new closure based on 'See Research' form.
10. Prepare pricing quotations for the Customers.
11. Prepare and report month-end shipments to the Customer and Sales.
12. Update the forecasting system.
Job Requirements :
Essential Job Requirements:
EDUCATION:High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum one (1) year related experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
• Prefer college coursework in business.
• Prefer additional customer service experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:Must be able to work some overtime, if necessary.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an 'at-will' basis.
Silgan White Cap is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan White Cap is a drug-free workplace.