Title: Customer Service Escalation Rep, Credit Card Fraud -- March 4, 2013 (ELG1)
Location: US-IL-Elgin-Chase Card Services/Insurance / 10738
Job Number: 130010123
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a vibrant, healthy financial services firm that is poised for additional growth. Ranked among the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE magazine, JPMorgan Chase manages assets of $2.3 trillion and employs more than 260,000 employees in 60 countries. We're a recognized leader in investment banking, asset management, private equity, commercial banking, credit cards, and financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking. We serve millions of consumers in the United States as well as many of the world's most prominent corporations, institutions and government entities through our key brands: J.P. Morgan and Chase.
The Card, Merchant Services & Auto Finance division has nearly 28,000 employees, who serve more than 50 million U.S. customers through three key businesses: Card Services, Paymentech, Auto and Student Lending. Card Services is one of the nation's largest credit card issuers, with more than $130 billion in loans and more than 65 million credit cards in circulation. Millions of customers in the U.S. and Canada used Chase cards to meet $343 billion of their spending needs in 2011. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com/careers
To address customer service needs in our Elgin Call Center, we are actively seeking senior-level Customer Service professionals to join our Card Services Fraud team in the new year.
Each new hire will receive training for this position. No Call Center experience is necessary!!
There are multiple schedules available within the operating hours of Sunday through Saturday, 7am-11pm. The first 6 weeks in the position will be training under the following schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Training starts March 4, 2013.
As a Fraud Call Center Representative in the escalations group, you will answer a high volume of incoming telephone calls from our credit card holders who suspect fraudulent activity on their accounts. Calls will focus on escalated situations and high-end customers. You will be responsible for providing superb customer service to our callers, reviewing security information and account activity with the customers, identifying the type of fraud and setting accounts up for investigations. We seek to provide our customers with solutions and options. You will also assist with taking inbound calls from the merchants and branches with the purpose of detecting fraud or providing authorizations at the point of sale. You will also play a key role in contributing to the profitability of the organization and directly impact our bottom line by minimizing losses that result from fraud.
Each team member is responsible for achieving specific performance standards that include team and individual performance factors such as quality of customer service.
To be successful in this position, you must enjoy providing quality customer service by consistently projecting a positive and upbeat attitude. In addition, you must be efficient and have excellent problem solving and decision making skills which you utilize to balance the needs of the customers and Chase Card Services.
* Minimum one (1) year of experience in a high-volume, customer-focused, team-based environment REQUIRED (such as retail, call center, or restaurant); one year of call center experience is preferred
* Must have demonstrated experience handling and resolving escalated and complex customer service situations
* Stable and consistent job history with demonstrated tenure and dependability in previous positions
* Ability to work at least one weekend day per week
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure, target driven environment; ability to multi-task
* Excellent customer service and telephone skills required
* Basic PC and typing skills with the ability to maneuver through multiple systems within a Windows type environment
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must be a self-starter with a high level of dependability
* Previous Visa/Master Card call center experience is a plus
* Prior Fraud department experience is a plus
* Education in Business/Communications/Criminal Justice is a plus
* Ability to be flexible to provide coverage as needed and as overtime may be offered