Requisition #: 2703
Job Title: IT - Build Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Description: JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the design and deployment of the build process to support all developers across the Web Services and Portal Team. This includes the ability to design a more sophisticated framework where developers can manage, build and deploy their code. This position is expected to evaluate emerging best practices within the industry and recommend reasonable implementation plans.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Document procedures, develop tools and train staff in best practices.
2. Architect and Build continuous integration process using industry standard tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
3. Serve as a subject matter expert in the build and deployment process within the Portal and Web Services development team.
4. Manage daily activities of the build and deployment process within the Portal and Web Services development team.
5. Work with Test Engineers to integrate unit testing into continuous integration process
6. Work in multiple non-production environments including the Cloud
7. Architect the organization of Portal and Web Services code to most efficiently deploy code in an Agile project environment.
8. Create automated processes using scripting.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Senior Build Engineer works closely with application developers and test engineers. The incumbent possess and applies comprehensive knowledge of specialization to complete difficult and varied assignments. In addition, this position operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions. The incumbent's progress is reviewed by higher levels.
Qualifications: JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
. Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 4 years of related experience
. Minimum five (5) years experience as a configuration management specialist or build engineer.
. Minimum three (3) years experience with Maven
. Minimum three (3) years experience with Automated deployments
. Experience with automated deployment practices, principles and at least one framework such Bamboo or Jenkins
. Experience with continuous integration (CI) practices, principles and at least one CI tool.
. Experience with Subversion source code management systems, including integration with issue tracking systems via hooks/triggers.
. Experience with Tomcat Web Server, WebLogic application server
. Experience with configuration and deployment of Java container based applications is a plus.
. Experience with Agile software development methodologies, ideally Scrum, is a plus.
. Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
. Knowledge of Artificatory
. Knowledge of Java
. Knowledge of SCM best practices
. Knowledge of SOA / Distributed computing is a plus
. Knowledge of Cloud infrastructure is a plus
. Knowledge of ClearCase is a plus
. Knowledge of Chef configuration management tool is a plus
. Understanding of key patterns and practices of enterprise application development.
. Communication (verbal, written and listening), time management, priority allocation, task management, detail oriented and basic systems administration skills, including shell scripting (Perl, Ruby, PowerShell).
. Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
. Ability and experience in working with geographically distributed teams.
. Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tasks without sacrificing schedule or quality.
. Ability to use software and peripherals related to performance of job responsibilities
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.