Title: Manager, Corporate Strategy
Function Overview: Kraft Foods Group's Corporate Strategy team is a small, highly visible group whose purpose is to provide thought leadership on a variety of strategic business issues for the company and its operating units. Corporate Strategy is led by the EVP of Strategy, who in turn reports to the CEO of Kraft Foods Group. The group is responsible for leading and facilitating the development of corporate strategy, portfolio strategy, and the strategic planning process for the company.
The group also executes internal consulting projects including, but not limited to: developing and refining strategies for business units and key brands; analyzing white space opportunities in new segments and channels; executing competitive assessments; partnering with other functions and business units to identify cost reduction opportunities; and identifying new profit-enhancement opportunities. The group works to promote the Strategy function throughout the company by sharing best practices and strengthening the linkages between Corporate Strategy, Business Unit Strategy and Function Strategy professionals.
Position Overview: The Corporate Strategy Manager position is specifically designed for former consultants with an MBA with 2-3 years experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm. The Corporate Strategy Manager will have a unique and distinctive opportunity to tackle significant business issues, interacting directly with Senior Management. Strong performers will have the opportunity to advance in the organization. Competitive salary offered.
* Lead strategic initiatives within cross-functional teams across the business
* Lead detailed competitive, market, trend, economic and financial analysis and inform the organization of their strategic implications.
* Identify opportunities to impact business performance, including potential M&A and white space, consumer and customer growth areas, cost optimization and business process improvements
* Develop and present strategic recommendations to business teams and Kraft Foods Group Senior Leadership
* Lead the development of business/strategic plans
* MBA from a top tier business school
* 2-3 years of experience with a top strategy consulting firm (either pre or post MBA)
* Proven effectiveness and leadership working in a fast-paced, client-driven environment
* Outstanding team leadership and group facilitation skills
* The ability to learn new topics quickly through self-initiated research and input from internal and external knowledge experts
* The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and conduct thoughtful, detailed quantitative and qualitative analyses with a variety of analytical tools
* The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and on paper, and with all organization levels
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Kraft Foods Group -- Company Overview
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We're also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2011 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each -Kraftcheeses, dinners and dressings;Oscar Mayermeats; andMaxwell Housecoffees - plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2011, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
Kraft Foods Group is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Kraft therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.