Prince Industries, Inc. is globally recognized as a premier manufacturer of precision machined and sheet metal fabricated components. At Prince Industries we have embraced the challenges of today''s rapidly changing manufacturing marketplace and are prepared to meet the most demanding applications from short runs, quick/immediate delivery of JIT components to high volume production.
We provide world class products and services while continuing to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers, employees and suppliers through continuous evaluation and improvement in every aspect of our daily operations.
Repairs and maintains building and mechanical machinery, hydraulic components and physical structures of production machines and equipment (i.e. engines, motors, pneumatic tools, etc..) by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Understands and observes all necessary safety procedures: safety glasses, shoes, ear protection, lifting guidelines, etc, as designated in specific work area assigned.
* Performs a variety of complicated maintenance tasks by using sound judgement with little or no supervision daily.
* Visually inspects and observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of malfunctions and determines the need for adjustments or repairs.
* Dismantles machine equipment to gain access to problem area and to remove defective parts.
* Cleans and lubricates machines and machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, bearings, etc..
* Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections and repairs or replaces broken or defective parts as needed.
* Inspects used parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
* Replaces or repairs machine belts, filters, fans, etc.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments as needed.
* Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles, clutches, feed mechanisms, etc.
* Locates damaged air or hydraulic pipes on machines and measures cuts, threads and installs new pipe.
* Installs special functional and structural parts on devices.
* Starts machine equipment to test their operation and performance.
* Assembles and test operates machine tools and equipment.
* Initiates, recommends or processes purchase order requisitions for parts and/or machines.
* Repairs electrical equipment.
* Completes necessary job related paperwork (i.e. maintenance work orders or logs.)
* Reports any major machine repairs, tools or material shortages and concerns to MaintenanceSupervisor.
* Cleans all spills or noticeable grease spots on floor in plant area to avoid potential slips or falls.
* May need to paint machines or equipment as needed to prevent corrosion.
* Bends and cuts conduit, pulls wire and drills holes in walls, floors or ceilings for machinery electrical connection.
* Connects wires to motors, fixtures and other electrical equipment, replaces switches, fuses and splices wires and insulates wires with electrical tape as needed.
* Maintains good housekeeping in work areas.
* Cleans tools or machining equipment as needed.
* Performs routine duties as preventative maintenance to machines according to designated schedule.
* Moves new and existing equipment to remove from service or to relocate to specified destination.
* Installs new equipment using forklifts and machinery moving equipment.
* Works effectively with all department personnel and co-workers in a harmonious and cooperative manner to meet the needs and goals established by the company.
* Understands and follows Prince Industries quality certifications (i.e. ISO, QS) as relates to position.
* Additional duties or responsibilities as assigned by department supervisor and may include temporary department transfers or assignments to meet the needs of production or operation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school or GED equivalent.
* Previous experience, apprenticeship or formal training.
* Minimum of 5 years maintenance mechanic experience with related equipment. (i.e.. CNC lathes, mills, etc)
* Ability to recognize and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Extensive knowledge of related machine equipment and tooling required.
* Excellent knowledge with various power tools.
* Exceptional knowledge of a variety of the industry''s concepts, practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of the company''s production and quality standards.
* Excellent knowledge in electrical and mechanical machine repairs.
* Ability to effectively repair and maintain physical structure and operation of machinery.
* Ability to inspect and test machinery efficiently .
* Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written form with department supervisor and all levels within the company as it relates to the job.
* Mechanically inclined.
* Ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions from department supervisor.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
* Regularly required to walk or stand the duration of 8-10 hour shift daily.
* Occasionally required to sit, bend, reach, crouch, stoop or kneel.
* Frequently required to lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
* Exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* Excellent hearing and vision abilities required to accurately detect machine malfunctions.
* Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles resulting from metalworking coolants and oils.
* The noise level in the work environment is generally loud in which hearing protection is required.