Title: Security and Fire Technician (Arlington Heights, IL)
Location: US-IL-Arlington Heights
Pay Grade: 52
Under general supervision, possesses technical competence on security & fire systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through systems problem resolution. Able to perform programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of security systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
1. Provides solutions to systems problems by troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires thorough understanding of core and third party security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
2. Configures security & fire systems, which utilize both core and third party security products and systems / electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
3. Orders material from both internal sources and / or external vendors, and expedites as necessary. Ensures timely delivery to appropriate locations. Completes all required commissioning documentation. Provides accurate information for as-built documentation.
4. Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job layouts and bid proposals.
5. Performs site-specific training for owner / operator on the total system.
6. Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
7. Maintains appropriate local and Security & Fire Industry Certifications.
8. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
9. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer needs, wants and systems currently in place. Plans for future needs with customer that include recommending complete systems enhancements and promoting the sale of add-on work.
10. Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to management.
11. Creates and presents field proposals for small projects and labor and material work.
12. May mentor Security & Fire Technicians on tools and technology. Serves as a Security & Fire Team technical resource. May assist sales in development of cost estimate on complex projects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Electronics Certification from an accredited Technical School with three years experience or five years of experience installing and/or servicing Security & Fire systems. Experience within the security industry with basic knowledge and understanding of security systems, database structures, network configuration and analysis. Able to act independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Able to explain technical information to non-technical people.