Title: Sr. Engineer - Peanut Butter, Margarine or Chocolate EXPERT
Kraft Foods Group is one of the most admired and largest food and beverage businesses in North America. We're also one of the largest worldwide among publicly traded consumer packaged food and beverage companies, based on our 2011 combined net revenues of $18.7 billion.
We manufacture and market food and beverage products, including convenient meals, Refreshment beverages and coffee, cheese and other grocery products, primarily in the United States and Canada, under a host of iconic brands. Our product categories span breakfast, lunch and dinner meal occasions, both at home and in foodservice locations.
Our diverse brand portfolio consists of many of the most popular food brands in North America, Including three brands with annual net revenues exceeding $1 billion each - Kraft cheeses, dinners And dressings; Oscar Mayer meats; and Maxwell House coffees - plus over 20 brands with annual net revenues of between $100 million and $1 billion each.
In the United States, based on dollar share in 2011, we hold the number one branded share position in a majority of our 50 product categories, as well as in 18 of our top 20 product categories. We hold the number two branded share position in the other two product categories.
This position offers the candidate an opportunity to provide technical leadership in the design and installation of processes and product solutions that enable long-term growth initiatives in the meals and enhancers categories, specifically peanut butter. The candidate will have direct interface w/ Business, Operations and Quality partners. They must have demonstrated success in design and implementation of process solutions, commercialization, strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to work within a team environment.
1. The candidate will identify, plan and qualify independent process solutions that enable new development projects, participate in development of objectives, and execute against the same. They will interact with the product development, as well as cross-functional team in developing action plans to successfully commercialize new products.
2. The candidate will participate in the development of long-term technical strategies to deliver the category's strategic plan, and provide input and guidance to co-workers on their technical approach to ensure alignment to the strategies.
3. The candidate will properly document and communicate to peers, project summaries and key findings for the documentation and application to future projects.
4. The candidate will represent R&D on cross-functional teams by communicating process development technical perspectives, in the early scoping and concept development phase.
The candidate will interact with peers and technical experts on a daily basis on establishing and reviewing project action plans and implementation of key findings.
The candidate will interact with direct management on a weekly and as needed basis for reviewing recommended action plans, as well as receiving coaching on projects and career plans.
The candidate will interact with operations, marketing, consumer insights, nutrition and regulatory, on an as needed basis.
· Experience designing, and implementing process design solutions for Peanut Butter products
· Experience with NEW product development (innovation) from concept to commercialization
· Demonstrated fundamental understanding of product development with Peanut Butter type products
· Product Development in a CPG company (with Kraft or other Food & Beverage Company)
· Strong technical skills in Peanut Butter process design, and critical unit operations, as well as ingredient interactions/functionality
· Self-Motivated by problem solving and inherent curiosity to understand how things work.
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and influence direction of technical direction
· Ability to manage multiple complex tasks concurrently
· Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication
· Executional excellence and personal leadership a must
Kraft Foods is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Kraft recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.