Title: Technical Business Analyst
Nielsen Global Business Services (GBS), a service of The Nielsen Company, was established to centralize the company''s operations and IT functions to leverage size and scale. The GBS organization is an important driver of Nielsen''s transformation to a more integrated, market-focused company that exceeds client expectations, delivers highly innovative products and invests for future growth. Duties and responsibilities include:
* Define business and technical requirements
* Develops requirements gathering strategy aligned with project / program management budgets and schedule.
* Works with product leadership and directly with high-profile clients to clearly define essential system capabilities to meet highly complex analytical needs.
* Leads requirements gathering sessions using a variety of elicitation methodologies including story-boarding, JAD sessions one-on-one interviews, and group workshops.
* Reviews all functional, technical and architectural designs to ensure specified capabilities are addressed.
* Acts as a liaison across a diverse cross-functional team ensuring all views are represented and communicated throughout the project delivery process.
* Provides subject matter expertise and requirements continuity throughout the entire project delivery life cycle extending from project inception (Scope & Planning / Estimation) to client delivery (System / UAT, Operational deployment, Client Training.)
* BA/BS in Computer Science or other technical discipline or equivalent experience.
* 4 years experience in business/systems analysis, and/or application design & development.
* 3 years prior experience in full systems development lifecycle on multiple concurrent projects.
* Ability to effectively lead and influence multiple levels of an organization across functional boundaries.
* Possesses solid working knowledge of relevant technology concepts (e.g. relational databases, mainframe, client-server and web-based architectures).
* Possesses solid working knowledge of Business Intelligence concepts (e.g. spreadsheets, reporting, querying software, OLAP, dashboards and data mining)
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
* Strong oral and written communication skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building.
* Proven track record in working directly with clients to define technology solutions that enable their business objectives.
* Proven track record in making significant contributions to team efforts.
* Proven organization and time management skills (ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines).
* Ability to work independently with little supervision and direct the work of others.
* Proven ability to facilitate group discussion and build consensus.
* Proficient at complex business process modeling and data modeling concepts.
* Some software development / coding experience ie Java and/or SQL