Health and Safety
Training Design & Delivery
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We help increase the preparedness of our communities by offering courses in First Aid, CPR/AED, Babysitter’s Training, Lifeguard Training, Certified Nurse Aid Training and other certification courses. American Red Cross Health and Safety instructors are an elite group of professionals who teach valuable lifesaving skills to 12 million people each year in businesses, schools and communities.
We are currently seeking a Part Time on Call Instructor to work in our Tallahassee, Florida location. This is a PT position working 5-20 hours a week.
JOB SUMMARY: The Health & Safety Instructor’s primary responsibility is to instruct American Red Cross classes to community groups at the American Red Cross building and/or at community or corporate sites. This position is responsible for providing high quality, superior instruction, providing necessary reports and managing/cleaning equipment in their possession or under their delegated responsibility. This position may be full-time, part-time, or volunteer.
• Current certification to be an instructor in discipline desired to instruct. Credentialing as required by state law for course to be taught or administered.
• Ability to communicate course material in a clear and understandable manner.
• Customer service orientation
• Ability to teach effectively in an adult learning environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
• Current Driver’s License. Access to transportation to instruction sites.
• Work in education or service industry is a plus, but not required.
• Basic computer skills and demonstrated ability to utilize MS Office programs.
• Flexible schedule available. Opportunities available during the day, evening or weekends
• Ability to travel regionally 10-30%. Mileage and/or travel time may be compensated based on regional policies.
• Pre-employment background check required.
• Normal physical mobility, physical agility, physical strength to handle routine office materials and tools, dexterity of hands and fingers, coordination and endurance.
• Normal communications skills: verbal and written.
• Speak in a clear manner in order to ensure understanding from those attending the class.
• Frequently able to kneel and move body from kneeling position to standing position independently.
• Ability to lift 10-25 lbs frequently with ability to transport this weight from automobile to course location – possibly including stairs.
• Able to perform all demonstration activities required of courses being taught.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you’ve been waiting for, please visit our website at:
American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that offers employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Requisition Number: NHQ28888
Chapter Code - Chapter Description:
If this is a Chapter Position then select the Chapter - Chapter Description
Business Unit: NHQ
Country: United States
Full Time / Part Time: Part Time
Work Schedule: Variable Schedule
Percentage of Travel: 10% - 25%
Relocation Eligibility: No