Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
The Application DBA Support Specialist provides ongoing support and logical administration of databases with a primary focus on ETL. The Application DBA will be excel at writing and debugging SQL as well as batch scripting. This position holds no direct supervisory responsibility.
* Works with third party vendors to develop and/or integrate their applications into company products to ensure that applications are in accordance with company product standards and guidelines Problem ticket creation, processing and queue management
* Assist with the Business Intelligence strategy to support the reporting and analytic requirements of the company. Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support the business requirements and system performance
* Work with Developers to design/review programs, custom interfaces and queries according to production standards
* Weekly status updates to project management team
* On-call escalation responsibilities
* Create and revise documentation thoroughly for tactical use and training
* Maintain problem ownership and accountability
Essential Technical Functions
* Create, manage, monitor and debug ETL jobs using SQL scripting and batch job processing.
* Perform detailed analysis to identify changes to existing data structures and jobs when downstream/upstream changes are requested.
* Methodically perform and document troubleshooting steps to resolve issues and find bugs.
* Correlate various datasets to validate expected outputs.
* Learn new skills, attend frequent training seminars, and keep abreast of changing technologies and software features.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, with occasional standing, walking, bending or stooping. The employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel; and have the ability to type and read using a computer. The employee must be able to communicate on the phone with the use of a headset. Work is in an office environment at a single location, with occasional travel for meetings and training courses.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Intermediate to advanced SQL skills with focus on extracting and loading data
* Oracle PL/SQL knowledge a plus
* Sybase IQ or Sybase ASE knowledge a plus
* Exceptional problem solving skills and possesses the capacity for attending to details
* Must be able to communicate effectively to technical staff, whether developers or vendor support staff
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Perform other job-related duties as assignedRequired Experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor''s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related concentration preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
* Position will require a flexible work schedule; the ability to work overtime, on-call, overnight, weekend or shift schedules depending on work load.
* Experience with Windows bat file commands or Unix shell scripting
* 5-7 years experience in a DBA or ETL development role
* Functional experience of parsing fixed length and delimited datasets
* Must be able to travel ~5% of the time for training or company meetings