The overall responsibility for this position is to create and implement the go-to-market sales and marketing strategy for the Enterprise segment. This position will be responsible for increasing the visibility and penetration in the Education, Government, Healthcare, and Hospitality segments and all other key Enterprise-level accounts, and to generate customer demand through a broad range of marketing tactics in order to achieve revenue goals. This position will manage and execute the strategy as it is carried out tactically in various mediums and throughout the sales organization and will work closely with internal and external Marketing teams for creative content development and execution. This position will develop market analysis to identify crucial factors in areas such as economic trends, regulatory changes, E-Rate, HIPPA, and EMR that impact the business and to understand the impact on the overall Enterprise segment so as to design marketing and sales strategies that foster growth in the Enterprise segment. The person will communicate this information and identify the related implications organization-wide.
This position reports to the Vice President of Finance and Business Operations and is responsible for direct reports.
* Work with senior leadership to create and implement go-to-market sales and marketing strategies for growing revenue in the Education, Government, Healthcare, and Hospitality segments, and all other key Enterprise-level accounts.
* Generate Enterprise/Fiber leads through targeted efforts such SEM/online, direct mail, print, and other marketing initiatives.
* Identify opportunities for K-12 schools to successfully obtain federal E-Rate funding and other grants in the education market, defining opportunities for incremental services and revenues.
* Drive solutions for EMR and HIPPA compliance requirements, generating additional revenues in the healthcare segment.
* Uncover and develop customized RFP responses and other non-standard multi-location proposals to provide services for the government entities and facilities, and other strategic opportunities.
* Facilitate key customer events and track sales opportunities associated with these events.
* Play a key role in developing, implementing, and optimizing a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
* Identify new opportunities for targeted initiatives to generate a steady flow of leads to sales, including developing and implementing vertically focused offers and tactics, especially in the areas of speculative build opportunities, headquarters based in our footprint, on-net buildings, large property owners, developers and data centers.
* Develop specific sales and marketing plans customized to the critical telecommunications needs of specific vertical markets, such as Healthcare, Education, Government, and Hospitality. Key outcomes of this development would include marketing collateral, white papers, case studies, and other customer communication content. Create and maintain vertically targeted proposal templates and help sales with proposal development and contract negotiations.
* Lead a collaborative team from Sales, Legal/Regulatory, Public Affairs, Operations, Product and Engineering to develop a product and service portfolio for each of the major segments. Identify out-of-footprint product requirements and solutions, integrating into portfolio.
* Use internal and external data to create comprehensive market assessment models to size the market, identify growth opportunities, and leverage sources for identifying new Enterprise businesses located within the footprint.
* Play the lead role in managing completion and submission of each RFP issued by governments, educational institutions, and any other large customer opportunities. Assist Account Executives in reviewing RFPs to maximize opportunities, identifying additional opportunities beyond requested services, develop proposals, incorporating E-rate provisions into contracts, and generating incremental contract revenue.
* Track contract status with key Enterprise targets and vertical segments for renewals and competitive contract expirations to both retain existing and secure new contracts.
* Working with Corporate Marketing and the Online Marketing teams on the execution of the sales and marketing strategies and to develop collateral and customer communications (including cross channel advertising, online advertising, etc.) to support growth and retention for Enterprise.
* Understand the competitive landscape and trends affecting the Enterprise and Hospitality segments. Track strategic products and positioning of key competitors like Level 3, Verizon and AT&T that sell in the Enterprise space and develop competitive responses.
* Identify leads and facilitate sales through networking, analysis of technology trends, market and demand data, data from E-Rate administrator, participation in Enterprise and vertical segments technology conferences, and other venues.
* Interface with customers to help them understand programs, new regulations and how they can secure more funding through additional services, driving new revenue opportunities beyond core services.
* Identify and develop relationships with associations that influence key targeted vertical segments like Hospitality, Government, Education and Healthcare.
* Create and implement referral and sales programs supporting increased lead generation and sales efforts.
* Develop prospect targeting utilizing a structured market segmentation approach.
The duty statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The company reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.Required Experience
* Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience and leadership in building and implementing business-to-business, Enterprise and vertically targeted customer sales and marketing strategies in the cable/telecommunications industry.
* Bachelors degree in marketing, business, economics, or related is preferred or equivalent work experience. Masters degree in marketing, business, economics, or related is highly preferred.
* Experience developing and preparing education and government RFPs and customized customer proposals and presentations.
* Proven track record of creating and implementing innovative Enterprise (B2B) and vertically focused customer acquisition programs geared towards generating customer leads in support of achieving/exceeding growth and revenue goals.
* Experience implementing and managing customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
* Experience in generating leads through SEM and other online initiatives and taking appropriate actions to drive opportunities based on the results.
* Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills. Technical writing skills highly preferred.
* Effective public speaking and ability to represent Bright House Networks Business Solutions both internally and externally.
* Strong financial, analytical and project management skills.