Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The person in this role will:
* Assist the transition of .Net Developers to Java by supporting and educating the individual team members.
* Design, develop and test scalable, interactive Web applications for the presentation of rich media, dynamic content, communications services, and subscriber utilities for brighthouse.com in conjunction with implementing an exciting, feature-rich, JVM-based CMS for multiple Bright House Marketing teams.
* Apply Web 2.0 technologies in architecting and implementing services which pursue the company-Ts mission of connecting people and businesses with information, entertainment and each other in ways that are simple and easy.
* Monitor industry trends and advocate for Web development best-practices to maintain and enhance the product-Ts leadership position in the industry.
* Demonstrate willingness to adapt to emerging technological changes.
* Demonstrate a high standard of work ethics.
* Work and communicate with others in a team environment.
* This role requires up to 10% travel.Required Skills
* Demonstrated expertise in implementing and consuming RESTful Web Services.
* Demonstrated experience with serer side technologies such as JSP.
* Demonstrated experience with modern languages such as Scala, Grails, Clojure, and CoffeeScript.
* Experience with testing frameworks such as TestNG, Spock, ScalaTest, Jasmine, and PhantomJS.
* Experience with HTML 5 development of Mobile Devices.
* Experience with distributed NoSQL solutions such as the Java Content Repository.
* Demonstrated experience with User interface Design and Usability.
* Demonstrated experience with Web analytics.
* Experience with Adobe Day CQ5/CRX CMS.
* Demonstrated expertise in .Net.Required Experience
* Master-Ts degree (M.A. or M.S.) or higher: or equivalent training, education and experience.
* 7+ years of demonstrated experience with core Web technologies (HTTP, HTML 5, CSS, JSON)
* Experience with JVM based open-soure languages, tools and frameworks (such Java, Scala/Lift, Groovy/ Grails, Spring, Lucene/Solr)
* Hands on experience with core Web technologies (HTTP, HTML 5 CSS, Frameworks, Caching).
* Demonstrate experience with high volume, long-life projects, balancing feature velocity, long-term maintenance costs, and operational effort.
* Expertise developing dynamic Web applications at scale (>1M+ monthly unique visitors).
* Experience with Agile/ Scrum, Test-Driven-Development and Continuous-Integration methods.