Bright House Networks is an award-winning company made up of friendly, energetic employees who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service. Our strength is in our employees. Customer loyalty is our top priority, and our employees are committed to building unique relationships in a fast-paced team environment. Bright House Networks encourages a positive, supportive and open culture which rewards employee accountability and grants empowerment for all members of our team. Our commitment to diversity guarantees we employ the best.
The Video Operations Support Supervisor will provide supervision and guidance for the Video Operations Support team, which has primary responsibility for digital video platform quality assurance and quality checks programs, key performance reporting and training/ -oOn Boarding-? of new employees, and liaison activities between Video Departments including ticketing programs, propagation checks, and -oMonitoring/Fault Management-? development. This position will develop and lead the team, which sources, compiles and interprets key business, operational and statistical data, analyzes metrics performance and generates a variety of value-added reports for the Video Operations management and Engineering team. This position will ensure timely delivery of new monitoring alarms for Video equipment with supporting documentation. This position may require some participation in the technical design and functional specifications for new reporting systems development and enhancements to existing applications. This individual will provide leadership in the development and implementation of monthly process and compliance programs and, play an active hands-on role in all aspects of video operations quality assurance reviews while providing guidance and oversight to the department-Ts training and -oon boarding-? programs. This position interfaces with Division employees to include, but not limited to, VP-Ts, Directors, Managers, Field Technicians, Support Staff, and outside vendors to provide support of the Digital Video Platforms.
* Leads the Operations Support Team, which has the primary role of supporting the Video Operations Department Engineers and Management in their accountability for servicing and maintaining a properly functioning digital video platform.
* Prepares and distributes daily/weekly/ on-demand Video Operations reports to Management.
* Establish and implement ongoing key performance and quality assurance reporting efforts.
* Maintain a structured work environment.
* Support the team, Management, and Enterprise in any/all initiatives to support our customers.
* Ensures the timely and accurate generation of all internal reporting, consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases.
* This position will examine and evaluate the purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use and control.
* Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report.
* Confers with persons originating, handling, processing or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
* Evaluates findings, using knowledge of workflow, operating practices and schedules.
* Recommends establishment of new or modifies reposting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.
* May prepare and issue instructions concerning generation, completion and distribution of reports according to new or revised practices, procedures, or policies of reports management.
* Makes suggestions for modifications to existing reporting applications based on previously prepared specifications or criteria supplied by requestors.
* Maintains standard report writing practices to ensure consistency of data between various reports.
* Maintains standard process and procedural documentation and provides recommendations for improvement.
* Create and execute audit and compliance programs in full partnership management.
* Understand end to end operations programs to effectively develop new system and tools business requirements.
* Work closely with Video Operations Managers and the VO Director to understand requirements and targeted metrics.
* Effectively communicate out of compliance process areas and track performance gaps.
* Help define, promote, and ensure adherence to identified operations processes and to develop solutions for gaps in systems and tools that are required to meet video operations processes.
* Be responsible for following through and making sure defects are reported and escalated appropriately.
* Responsible for process handoff evaluations, identification of Remedy ticket management system compliance areas through reports and development of business requirements that enhance systems and tools.
* Responsible for quality assurance and compliance audits of network maintenance, change management, outages, and other Video Operations processes along with compliance evaluations on usage of video platform management tools and systems.
* May have contact with outside vendors and, when necessary, local broadcasters, and customers.
Shift and on-call availability is required. Works primarily inside throughout the year, occasionally requires field evaluation of equipment and systems. May sit for long periods of time. May require long periods of personal computer user and telephone communications. May be required to stoop, stand, and reach and lift. Must have a valid driver-Ts license and a good driving record. May be required to travel locally using company vehicle. Occasional overnight travel may be required. The physical demands in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Required Skills
* Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage analyze and make suggestions for problem resolution
* UNIX/Linux administration preferred
* Comprehensive knowledge of the Remedy ticketing application including functionality, capabilities and structure
* Proficient in the ability to develop process mapping including proficiency in the Visio mapping tool or equivalent application software
* Expert proficiency with MS Excel and MS Access, strong proficiency with other MS Office applications.
* Skills to assist in the design, development, documentation, and implementation of multi-platform reporting applications.
* Ability to interface effectively with multiple users across the organization and effectively manage reporting requirements from start to finish.
* Ability to manage own work flow and meet deadlines while responding to frequent demands of multiple customers.
* Candidate should be flexible to perform various functions based on company need.
* Ability to solve problems with good initiative, a high level of accountability, sound judgment, and make decisions in an independent manner with minimal guidance
* Strong analytical skills in assessing user, processes and new business requirements needs.
* Experience with the Crystal Reports and Business Objects a plus
* Knowledge of databases and corresponding SQL commands is preferred.
* Candidate must be self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to work independently and proactively to meet deadlines
* Must be adaptable to a rapidly changing business and work environment.
* The ability to communicate professionally in a fast-paced setting while maintaining a positive working environment.
* Must be able to balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed.
* Ability to Foster a positive work environment that encourages and motivates the team.
* Be a team player and a self-starter.
* Ability to maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer skills
* Timely reporting of information on projects and activities and be able to produce clear and concise written analysis and reports.
* Candidate should be flexible to perform various functions based on company needRequired Experience
* Associate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or commensurate industry training and job experience is required.
* Candidate will possess a demonstrated ability to lead and develop a video technical staff.
* Prefer 2 years of experience in a 24X7 high-availability production environment.
* Knowledge of Cable Television headend, hub digital video systems, HFC plant technology, specifications, and equipment plus.
* Must have the ability to understand and decipher reports at the Oracle, SQL, and/or Crystal level.
* Report analysis in an environment that uses multiple tables, possibly different databases, reporting tools and varied technologies or any equivalent combination of education and experience that satisfies the requirements of the job.
* May have contact with outside vendors and, when necessary, local broadcasters, and customers.
* Experience in implementation of Quality Assurance programs in a technical environment.
* Must have an understanding of quality assurance related to systems development processes and methodologies.
* Experience analyzing and gathering data from Remedy Trouble Ticketing and Network monitoring applications.
* Three (3) or more years experience in report analysis, building and formatting reports using multiple tools and/or application software packages.