New Hill, NC
Get Job Search RSS Feeds >>>
Lead Project Engineer
APC is seeking a Lead Project Technical Engineer (PTE) in New Hill, NC.
The primary responsibility of the Lead Project Technical Engineer (PTE) is to be the lead engineering representative on the project team and to support the Major Projects - Project Manager and Major Projects Design Supervisors through individual performance and/or direction of engineering resources for the design, development, review, and approval of all engineering deliverables for the project.
The PTE has overall responsibility for the technical adequacy of the final design documents. The PTE has the responsibility to address any changes or discrepancies with the final design during all project phases.
* Overall responsibility for the Engineering portion of the project schedule including task breakdown (WBS), task duration estimates, engineering resource management, and oversight of engineering vendor (EV) activities.
* Coordinates engineering resources per the project schedule to ensure on time delivery for all engineering deliverables
* Reports all design schedule impacts to the PM and Engineering Management for project schedule impact assessment.
* Leads and/or supports the PM in the development of the Project Risk Assessment, and maintenance of the Risk Assessment to reflect changes in project scope, schedule, and risks.
* Reports earned man-hours to PM for cash flow assessments.
* Conducts site walk-downs in support of the design activities.
* Estimates, monitors, and controls engineering costs.
* Integrates approved project changes into the engineering work scope
Must have prior Project Technical Engineering experience at an operating commerical nuclear plant.