Liquids Terminal Operator
Job ID #:5576 Location:NC-WILMINGTON
Functional Area:Misc./Trades Position Type:Full Time
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years Relocation Provided:
Education Required:High School Diploma
RC/Department:6746 -SEREG KM WILMINGTON :BULKB
Responsible for the safe, efficient and quality-conscious unloading and loading of liquid products to or from storage tanks, railcars, and trucks. Assure the work being performed consistently meets or exceeds the expectations of the supervisor, as well as published policies and procedures. Previous chemical or tank terminalling experience is highly desired, marine industry experience is a plus.
1. Perform job functions necessary to safely and efficiently transfer liquid products, including:
2. Line-up movements
3. Load and unload railcars, tank trucks, ships, and barges
4. Sample product in tanks and vessels
5. Obtain and record product temperatures and levels in storage tanks
6. Perform all work in strict accordance with Environmental, Health, and Safety policies and procedures
8. Perform all work in strict accordance with operating policies, procedures, and checklists
9. Climb tank stairs and railcar stairs, operate valves and pumps, guage tanks
10. Upkeep of assigned equipment or tools.
11. Perform any other type of terminal function as trained and as instructed by the supervisor.
12. Ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds - (High Physical Demand Level per DOL)
13. Must meet and maintain certification for use of respiratory protective equipment as required by OSHA 1910.134
14. Must be able to work within Confined Spaces and at heights of up to 80 feet
15. Demonstrated aptitude to execute customer orders, basic math computations and maintain necessary records
16. Must have the ability to work cooperatively with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.