Nurse Technician - Evenings/Nights
Department: Fulltime Float Pool
Schedule: Nights; M-F; some weekend nights
Shift: Full Time
Performs designated basic patient care, related nursing tasks, and clerical functions related to requisitioning/chargingsupplies/services, preparing/maintaining unit records/patient charts, receiving/relaying communications to provide optimal/qualitycare consistent with Hospital mission and Nursing philosophy, goals, standards, and bylaws. Serves as unit receptionist inenhancing the image of High Point Regional Health System and Inpatient Administration. Provides general information forpatients, families, visitors, and other employees. Assists Licensed Nurse in the implementation of nursing care.
High School Diploma or GED General Studies Required*
* and successful completion of a North Carolina Board of Nursing Aide I approved training program/competency evaluationrequired.
Certifications, Licensures and Registrations
Nurse Aide I Registration Division of Facility Services Nurse Aide IRegistryRequired
CPR certification (BLS Course C) American Heart Association Required*
* unless meets the requirements for restricted CPR certification.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful completion of General Hospital Orientation and Unit Secretary Training Program provided by TCU.
- Demonstration of competency in the Nursing Assistant/Clerical/Unit Receptionist functions as determined by TCU staff, UnitSecretary Preceptor, and Unit Coordinator on assigned unit.
- Ability to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills and comprehend English required.
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize and organize workload, and maintain emotional stability required.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviations required.