Title: Data Warehouse ETL Specialist
Location: United States-Indiana-Evansville
Expected Areas of Competence
· Understands Data Warehousing (DW) and ETL (extract/transform/load): Develop and maintain awareness of industry trends, best-practices, and evolving Data Warehousing and ETL technologies in Business Intelligence in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of MJN's standards and strategies. Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external DW and ETL experts and specialists (solution architects, business analysts, external solutions providers) to provide technical guidance, continuously evolving MJN Information Delivery knowledge, expertise and capabilities.
· Service Orientation: Passion for availability, reliability, and performance. Identifies and recommends service improvement initiatives that maintain an environment where team members understand and are committed to providing exceptional, value-added service to internal and external customers. Looks continuously for opportunities to improve service and quality in partnership with service providers. Great customer service approach to each work assignment
· Awareness: Identifies and leverages synergies with other teams and projects.
· The Data Warehouse ETL Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the successful design, development and administration of extract/transform/load (ETL) and interfacing solutions for all global data warehouses
· Demonstrated ability in data warehouse efforts from development through implementation and post support
· Partner with Data Architecture team to develop database design for new warehouse solutions or existing warehouse extensions to ensure design supports global integration and reporting requirements
· Perform daily monitoring of all warehouse load jobs and interfaces and implement solutions to any issues
· Quality: Deliver high quality results in support of new project initiatives as well as the day-to-day maintenance, support and enhancement of the existing data warehouse and ETL environment
* Develop an understanding of MJN's global business strategies; deliver cost-effective data warehousing and ETL solutions that enable achievement of the global business strategy
* Adhere to MJN operational policies, procedures and compliance guidelines
* Manage personal workload to complete tasks in a timely manner; utilize available resources to provide quality solutions to meet the business needs of Company customers
* Partner with Master Data Governance team to ensure data quality which instills a high level of confidence in the data and enables business decisions based on consistent high-quality information
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Proven track record with data warehousing and ETL development and support
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with business and technical audiences
* Demonstrated success delivering projects on time and on budget
* Understanding of change management processes
* Experience with external service providers desired
* Knowledge in Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred; DB2 experience desired
* Knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL and Unix Scripting preferred
* Preferred experience with InfoSphere DataStage; experience with other parts of the InfoSphere Suite desired
* Bachelor's degree in an IT or related field, with 3 years of experience in data warehousing and ETL development and support; prefer expertise utilizing InfoSphere DataStage.
* Awareness of the health care and consumer products industries is beneficial.
Job: Information Management/Technology