Title: Oracle Data Warehouse Specialist
Location: United States-Indiana-Evansville
Expected Areas of Competence
· Understands Data Warehousing (DW) and ETL (extract/transform/load): Develop and maintain awareness of industry trends, best-practices, and evolving Data Warehousing and ETL technologies in Business Intelligence in order to introduce innovation and ensure cost-effectiveness of MJN's standards and strategies. Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of internal and external DW and ETL experts and specialists (data architects, business analysts, external solution providers) to provide technical guidance, continuously evolving MJN Information Delivery knowledge, expertise and capabilities.
· Service Orientation: Passion for availability, reliability, and performance. Identifies and recommends service improvement initiatives that maintain an environment where team members understand and are committed to providing exceptional, value-added service to internal and external customers. Looks continuously for opportunities to improve service and quality. Great customer service approach to each work assignment
· Awareness: Identifies and leverages synergies with other teams and projects.
· Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead data warehouse development efforts from design through implementation and post support.
· Makes Decisions: Appropriately balances analysis with expediency and risk taking, even under adverse conditions. Deals with ambiguity without paralysis. Demonstrates thinking strategically over tactically.
· Technical Expertise/Vision: Establishes and communicates position reflecting direction on technology or service over a 2 year horizon. Makes decisions that stand the test of time based on balance of analysis, intuition and experience.
o The Sr. Data Warehouse Specialist will be accountable for the successful design, development and administration of extract/transform/load (ETL) and interfacing solutions for all global data warehouses
o Will support software upgrades, software documentation, research of new software versions, strategy for backup / recovery, ETL Repository administration including promotion of software packages to the proper environment, troubleshooting, and technical support
o Development of standards and best practices for global data warehousing. Insure that the Application strategy, design, and functionality meet the price, quality, and reliability characteristics required by the global business.
· Quality: Deliver high quality results in support of new project initiatives as well as the day-to-day maintenance, support and enhancement of the existing data warehouse environment.
o Adhere to MJN operational policies, procedures and compliance guidelines.
o Manage personal workload to complete tasks in a timely manner; utilize available resources to provide quality solutions to meet the business needs of Company customers.
· Develop an understanding of MJN's global business strategies; deliver cost-effective warehousing solutions that enable achievement of the global business strategy
· Partner with Master Data Governance team to ensure data quality which instills a high level of confidence in the data and enables business decisions based on consistent high-quality information.
· Partner with Data Architecture team to develop database design for new warehouse solutions or extensions to existing warehouses to ensure design supports global integration and reporting requirements.
· Guide external Service Provider and other partners to ensure methodology, best practices and standards are followed and to ensure overall quality of the solution.
· Perform daily monitoring of all warehouse load jobs and interfaces and implement solutions to any issues.
. Strong troubleshooting skills
. Proven track record with data warehousing design, implementation and project management
. Excellent oral and written communication skills with business and technical audiences.
. Demonstrated success delivering projects on time and on budget.
. Understanding of change management processes in a highly regulated environment
. Strong knowledge in Oracle and MS SQL Server; DB2 experience is a plus.
. Strong knowledge in Oracle PL/SQL and Unix Scripting.
. Preferred experience with InfoSphere DataStage; experience with other parts of the InfoSphere Suite a plus.
. Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and inspire team consisting of service providers, contractors and employees
. Daily interaction with peers and department leaders in the context of informing and influencing
. Bachelor's degree in an IT or related field, with 3 years of experience in data warehousing design, development and support; prefer expertise utilizing InfoSphere DataStage with Oracle, SAP, and SAP BW.
. Awareness of the health care and consumer products industries is beneficial.
. Global experience dealing with challenges of diverse cultures, time zones, travel and communications.
Job: Information Management/Technology