Title: Senior Scientist
Location: United States-Indiana-Evansville
* Proactively identifies, in consultation with Global R&D and Global Quality, key analytical method development and validation initiatives to support early innovation projects as well as key quality objectives.
* Active participant on project teams as an Analytical Sciences representative
* who delivers timely responses regarding analytical questions, project deliverables and on-going analytical support.
* Identifies areas of improvements for analytical methodology through utilization of new technologies and instrumentation, implementation of method validation and transfer practices, and effective networking with the internal MJN analytical community as well as with key external analytical experts. Generates technical hypothesis regarding analytical capabilities and develops protocols to test those hypothesis. Effectively communicates scientific knowledge and information to
* technical and non-technical audiences at multiple levels through a variety of formats.
* Effectively creates and executes method validation protocols to ensure developed methods are compliant against all internal criteria.
* Provides technical leadership within the laboratory to resolve methodology and instrumentation issues, including instrument maintenance and repair support, instrumentation training, qualification, validation and method development.
* B.S. in Chemistry or other relevant science degree is required. M.S. or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry is strongly preferred.
* 3 - 5 years of demonstrated and substantial experience in analytical method development and validation required related to the food category.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, especially related to analytical chemistry and application in method implementation, development, and/or validation is required.
* Method development and instrumentation experience with LC-MS is preferred.
* Experience working on cross functional teams within a broader organization preferred.
Job: Research & Development/Science