Title: Administrative Assistant -Retirement Plan Services
Location: Americas-United States-Maryland-Owings Mills
Other Locations: null
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The position's primary function is best described as the right arm" to the Retirement Plan Services team. This position requires strong administrative skills (coordination of travel, expense reporting, use of technical skills, schedule coordination, meeting preparation, etc.), positive/tactful demeanor, professional presence, high energy, strong communication skills, ability to manage upwardly to other Directors and members of senior management, and ability to operate independently.
Administrative Leverage/Gatekeeping :
* Develops and maintains a platform of direct support to the Managers and the execution of their day-to-day operations.
* Maintains accurate, and proactive, management of schedules, and creation (including research and additional diligence, if necessary) of informational packages" for upcoming meetings/events
* Performs efficient information management -which includes directing information to appropriate individuals, distributing mail, managing phone calls, maintaining files, responding to, and resolving, routine matters.
Acts as liaison with members of senior management (internally and externally w/clients, contacts, etc.).
* Assists in the coordination of meetings (internal/external), seminars, client visits, and other events (includes assessing and fulfilling venue, catering and audio-visual requirements). This also includes the coordination and execution of all internal catering events (from menu selection and garnering the venue to setting up and breaking down meals).
* Assists in coordinating client events such as conference calls, client meetings, etc. This may include preparing meeting materials.
* Coordinate and maintain travel schedules through the Concur travel and Myexpense reporting systems.
* Compiles, produces and distributes monthly reports (using Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Maintains a project management worksheet (Excel) for the General Manager's use.
* Other administrative projects (Group/Divisional) as requested.
Reports & Presentation Materials :
* Coordinates production of appropriate materials for internal and external meetings and presentations. Information at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and/or confidential in nature and based on an in-depth knowledge of business unit-specific policies, processes, and procedures.
* Compiles, creates and maintains various reports, databases and charts using software applications that may require an advanced level of technical skill and general understanding of business purpose for presentation. May involve initial editing, drafting and proofing; may be called upon as a subject matter expert to assist others by answering technical questions.
Ad Hoc Project Support :
* Independently assists in or leads special and ad-hoc projects related to division and/or corporate activities. Some projects may require the individual to take the lead role in managing a process or they may be the only resource responsible for the execution of the project (e.g., team face books" and internal team tools, orientation materials, etc.).
* Work at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and confidential in nature and based on in-depth knowledge of business specific policies, processes and procedures.
* Leads or participates in process and workflow reengineering as systems are upgraded and/or functions are automated.
Network & Relationship Building :
* Works collaboratively with supervisor and team leads to ensure that seamless back-up support is provided to the professionals.
* May at times be asked to act in a mentoring capacity to others, specifically to new associates.
* Fosters successful relationships through direct interaction with peers, professionals and others.
* Partners with management to build a collaborative working environment while promoting leadership, exercising good judgment and professionalism across business units.
* High school diploma or equivalent and 5-7 years related work experience, or college degree
* Must be highly organized and must excel at creating and managing a highly efficient and professional office environment and excel at communications in all areas.
* Professional typing and business writing skills.
* Must have Internet and Intranet Research skills.
* Must be willing to learn a variety of internal/division-specific applications
* Strong and fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word).
* Strong interpersonal skills and poise is necessary to deal effectively and professionally with people on all levels internally and externally.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure timely and accurate completion of assignments.
* Ability to be flexible and work under pressure in an environment of constant changes and interruptions.
* Be able to coordinate, set-up and break-down all client/internal dining events.
* Possess a willingness to learn new things.
* Must be available for overtime with little advance notice.
* Serve as primary contact for the manager, and all direct reports, in their absence
* Bachelor's degree in a business related field (business, management, finance, marketing, etc.) preferred
* Five to seven years of administrative experience in a business/corporate environment preferred
* Experience with database applications and graphical applications strongly desired/preferred.
* Prior experience working with senior level management preferred
* Industry knowledge preferred
* Some college
* 6 or more years of experience in a fast-paced office environment