Title: GBS Investment Solutions Analyst - Senior
Location: Americas-United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Other Locations: null
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This position is responsible for providing front office investment technology based solutions supporting Fixed Income Portfolio Managers and Analysts. The incumbent works closely with quantitative analysts, portfolio managers, and investment analysts to design, automate or enhance investment processes and applications. The associate is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting analytical reporting solutions, primarily working in a Microsoft SQL Server/.NET environment and an object-oriented database, Factset's Vision database. The associate is responsible for implementing custom investment management applications for the Investment Management, Investment Research and Global Trading divisions. This position works with minimal supervision in the creation and maintenance of moderate to highly-complex solutions (including data infrastructure, reporting, and applications) that address the informational and analytical needs of the business.
Works closely with Investment Staff to expose informational, analytical, or workflow-optimizing needs. Regularly and independently interacts with business partners of varying associate/management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements. Estimates the size of the effort required to complete complex, moderate to large scale projects.
Analyzes, documents, designs, prototypes, implements, and maintains products that address business needs and achieve strategic goals. This may include analyzing, documenting, researching, processing and administering investment data; analyzing, documenting, developing and deploying reports; and/or analyzing, documenting, designing, creating, and testing software applications.
Executes and manages all aspects and phases of testing initiatives for moderate to large-sized system implementations and/or enhancement projects. Responsibility may include test data setup and coordination of effort and resources/testers throughout unit, system, and user acceptance testing. Participates in the development of user documentation and manuals, training material, and/or job aids. Supports initial implementation of significant system changes.
Assists in the support of systems, including taking responsibility for the resolution of low to moderately complex on-call issues, monitoring the system, and communicating with the vendors regarding problems, to ensure the system is functioning. Investigates, diagnoses, isolates, and de-bugs issues and performs problem resolution. Documents resolution appropriately. Escalates issue to Solutions Consultants, Sr. Solutions Consultants, Project Leads, or Project Managers if a solution cannot be determined.
Mentors and coaches less experienced Solutions Analysts and less experienced associates across the firm.
Continuously seeks to expand knowledge of Investments practice and theory to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via people/process/technology changes for the business.
* College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience.
* College degree and a minimum 3-5 years professional experience in an analytical position involving data management and collection, modeling and interpretation across complex data sets.
* Ability to translate complex business requirements into detailed functional and/or technical specifications
* Demonstrated ability to develop alternative solutions to complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
* Ability to apply acquired knowledge from prior experience effectively in new situations (medium to high complexity)
* Demonstrated advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Must be able to meet with clients of varying levels to gather, document, and analyze system specifications and requirements, work closely with developers and testers in the fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
* Possesses ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
* Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle
* Possesses effective influencing and negotiating skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge of when and how to use business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
* Understanding of how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a feasible solution on projects of medium to high complexity
* Demonstrated mastery of test strategies, test plans, and test execution
* Process oriented, logical thinker
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills
* Skilled in the use of Visio or other process or flow chart tool
* Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
* Strong knowledge of relational databases and concepts
* Strong SQL skills required, including the ability in database designing and stored procedure development
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to master complex tasks with minimal supervision
* Experience with estimation
* Adaptable and able to learn quickly
* Experience with Investigating data issues
* Knowledge of Unix
* Establishing Test Data
* Experience with System Integration
* Programming skills (database, system, or scripting)
* Advanced degree strongly preferred
* Financial Industry Experience preferred
* Experience with project management and control preferred
* Strong understanding of basic Investment Management principles preferred
* Five or more years of relevant experience working with solutions lifecycle development methodology preferred
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented, Relational Database Concepts and Design preferred
* Process reengineering/design experience preferred
* Experience with Object oriented analysis or Relational Database Concepts and Design is preferred
* Knowledge of sqlServer Reporting (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS) is preferred but not required
* Knowledge about equity, fixed income, and/or securitized investment vehicles is preferred but not required
* Knowledge of .ASP .NET preferred, but no required
* Knowledge of sqlServer, Sybase is preferred but not required.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer.null