This senior level Mechanical Engineering Specialist position reports to the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Group of SAIC''s Energy, Environment & Infrastructure Division located in Tulsa OK. Must have a Bachelor''s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of 10 years experience, 15+ years preferred. A strong refinery background is preferred. Must also possess experience in developing design deliverables in an EPC environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, specification, and technical bid evaluation of mechanical equipment and systems, including piping systems, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, reactors, heat exchange equipment, fired heaters, specialty equipment, etc. for green field and revamp projects in the Refining & Chemical Process Plant Industries. Responsible for ASME code design, piping stress analysis & material selection. Experience in stress analysis, evaluation, and design of high temperature, large bore, refractory lined piping and nozzles is a plus. Experience in vessel engineering is a plus. Project engineering related duties include preparing equipment specifications, P&ID''s & coordination in a project team environment Technical knowledge of the petroleum processing industry & standards along with a solid understanding of the engineering, procurement & construction elements of project work is also required.
- Minimum 10+ years related experience.
- BS in mechanical engineering required.
- PE License a plus.
- Experience and proficiency with: ASME Section VIII & ASME B31.3 design & analysis, piping flexibility utilizing stress analysis software &/or vessel design software.
- Experience and familiarity with PIP standards is a plus.
- Experience in finite element analysis is also a plus.
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must be proficient, professional, and capable in interaction with peers, management and clients
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company''s approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting:Jul 3, 2012, 8:43:46 AM
Primary Location:United States-OK-TULSA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:None
Potential for Teleworking:No
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Shift:Yes, 10% of the time