Title: Capital Markets-Business System Analyst
Job Number: 120025631
U.S. Bank is seeking a motivated Business Systems Analyst with requirements gathering and functional design experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Partners with the business line to develop requirements. Works with the application development team to create functional designs. Participates in testing, training, and implementation of applications. Analyzes and evaluates user needs. Develops and maintains a complete and accurate understanding of how a business unit impacted by an assigned application conducts their business. Assists in developing and maintaining detailed knowledge of the business''s current technology and infrastructure from a functional perspective. Assists business lines in use of new and existing capabilities of a system. Works with internal business groups to document, analyze, and redesign business processes. Partners with business representatives to identify, refine, and document detailed business needs. Joins clients and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve application problems related to system functions. May be point of contact for user support and problem-solving. Occasionally manages small projects. Frequently interfaces with business lines, including management, and/or internal resources to ensure quality, timeliness, and testing of all project/release work. Works with technology and application development teams to design functional solutions that appropriately meet the business needs. Reviews, coordinates, and executes test plans for multiple projects and ensures that test cases and results meet requirements.
The Business Systems Analyst will create strategic partnerships with Capital Markets Fixed Income front, middle, and back office business lines in an effort to provide innovative technology and process solutions. Will provide in-depth analysis of user needs and contribute toward application design efforts for proprietary applications. Identifies complex business requirements, evaluates alternative solutions and translates solutions into specifications suitable for the development or maintenance of trading, settlement and accounting systems. Communicates with team, customers and vendors when changes occur. Acts as a mentor to junior staff members. Helps management to determine overall priorities. Provide project leadership/management and cross team coordination.
- Produces project documentation including formal charters and schedules, business requirements, functional specifications, project plans and test plans and cases.
- Responsible for production and development efforts supporting fixed income trading, settlement, and accounting systems.
- Work closely with members of Capital Markets front, middle, and back office teams.
- Strong understanding of the Fixed Income products and trading
- Experience in understanding of middle office functions including trade support, reconciliations, client confirmations and transaction reporting
- Work closely with technical team members to translate business requirements into systems requirements.
- Works with business partners and systems personnel to identify new business workflow or change current processes to enhance their effectiveness.
- Communicates system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting any processes as necessary.
- Communicates discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution.
- Designs and tests systems and/or system changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the business areas and other organizational units and resources.
- Able to work independently and is proactive in raising issues at the appropriate level of urgency. Work cross teams to provide integration where necessary to other systems and departments.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank''s ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
-Bachelor''s degree or equivalent work experience
-At least 5 years experience with activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
- 5 years of securities industry experience, preferably in fixed income securities
- Experience in industry technology such as Bloomberg, Sungard, Thomson Reuters, and Ipreo
- Proven ability to think strategically while managing details
- Strong interpersonal relationship building, verbal, and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of brokerage business, including front, middle, and back-office operations
- Strong leadership and vendor management skills
- Strong knowledge in project management methodologies
- Experience developing Business Requirements
Basic understanding in:
-IT project management
Working experience in:
-IT standards, procedures, policy
-Modeling: data, process, events, objects
-System development life cycle
Extensive experience in:
-Business process modeling
Job: Information Technology