Title: Government Pharmacy Consultant
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world''s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
A pharmacy consultant supports consulting and business development efforts for the Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) business. The position provides consulting assistance on pharmacy program design, implementation and management for government-sponsored programs, including programs for the Medicaid, medically indigent and uninsured populations. To fulfill this role in our Minneapolis office, the Pharmacy Consultant will:
* Interface with senior consultants within Mercer's pharmacy practice to provide prescription drug consulting services to GHSC clients.
* Review and analyze pharmacy utilization data; develop cost management programs and help implement cost management policies or strategies for GHSC clients.
* Provide technical assistance to support Mercer's pharmacy practice tools and services, including diagnosis-based tools, reimbursement programs, and capitation rate-setting tools.
* Serve as a recognized technical and marketing resource to Mercer Health and Benefit consulting staff.
* Perform project needs assessments, define systems and resource requirements, and lead project teams.
* Provide specialized consulting and project management support to clients regarding their pharmacy benefit program.
BA/BS degree required
Pharmacy degree is NOT required, but it is a plus
Five or more years of pharmacy benefit plan design experience with a government-sponsored program, PBM, carrier or benefits consulting firm
Public policy experience or related graduate degree preferred
Superior analytical, strategic planning, and problem solving skills
Demonstrated proficiency with project management
Familiarity with pharmacy landscape and interpretation and analysis of pharmacy and medical utilization data
Solid skills in client communication, in both technical writing and oral presenting
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at:www.mmc.com/diversity.