Title: POS Engineer, Target Technology Support
Location: United States-Minnesota-Brooklyn Park
Other Locations: null
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER, Target Technology Support
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Systems Analyst/Engineer, Programmer/Analyst
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you''ll take the lead as you.
* Enable Target's first international expansion into Canada, through support of a suite of Point of Sale (POS) solutions.
* Represent support needs in technical design activities to ensure design intent is clear and impact to supportability is understood
* Perform root cause analysis of issues affecting the overall stability of the solutions.
* Resolve high priority subset of application incidents
* Collaborate with team to promote re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes
* Work with IT management and architects to ensure systems are in line with overall IT policies and standards
Technical Environment Includes:
* Websphere MQ 7.0
* Point of Sale (POS) System
* End point devices, including registers, payment devices.
* SQL Server 2008
* Microsoft IIS 7
* Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
* Microsoft Enterprise Library 5.0
* Hyper-V CA SiteMinder
* WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) Windows Server 2008 R2
* Websphere Message Broker 7.x
* Microsoft .NET Report Viewer 2010
* Managed File Transfer (MFT) 7.x
* Active Directory
* InfoSphere DataStage
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
* Windows PowerShell
* Windows CE 7.0 Naurtech
* Windows Server AppFabric
* BA/BS or equivalent experience 7-9 years total work experience
* Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
* Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
* Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits.Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members'' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.