Title: SAP Functional Analyst
Thomson Reuters Global MIS is an exciting and dynamic organization that provides business system consultation and support to the businesses across Thomson Reuters. We currently seek a Systems Analyst for our SAP Functional group based in Eagan, MN. In this role, you will collaborate with key business resources, development engineers, and other functional engineers in providing SAP business system support and enhancements for a variety of critical order-to-cash business areas. Additionally, this position may have the opportunity to work on various enhancements and integration projects involving other Thomson Reuters companies or newly acquired businesses. This is not a developer position , but technical skills are helpful when researching issues and working with developers on projects.
Support, maintain, and enhance existing SAP solutions including, but not limited to:
* Collaborating with appropriate business units, production support team members, and developers on requirements gathering, solution design, and creation of production support specifications
* Facilitating and/or participating in functional and technical solution reviews with management, developers, architects, and infrastructure (Basis) representatives
* Configuring solutions where applicable
* Creating and executing appropriate test cases and ensuring the integrity of the solution prior to business unit and user acceptance testing
* Working with the business to resolve solution defects that are identified
* Communicating the final solution to the business and coordinating the implementation of the solution to the production environment
* Updating system documentation
* Collaborate with other functional engineers, team leads, managers, and business representatives to determine schedules and project timeframes.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world''s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world''s most trusted news organization.
Required Education and Skills
* Bachelor''s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related field
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple, competing priorities
* History of meeting/exceeding deadlines and delivering high quality results
* Proven ability to identify, focus, and own high priority tasks
* Ability to manage time effectively according to priorities and timelines
* Must be self-motivated and apply good judgment and decision-making skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Must possess a mindset to objectively view and effectively explain an issue or resolution from an end-user/customer/business perspective
* Must have strong documentation skills
* Willingness to work in a team environment
Preferred But Not Required Experience
* Related internship or other project/work experience
* Experience working with remote teams
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Do you want to use your passion for technology to help build the knowledge economy? Are you interested in challenging and cutting edge technology projects?
In the Thomson Reuters "Tech Careers" iPad app, our technologists from around the world provide personal insight into projects they've worked on. They talk about the ideas, practical problem solving, open dialogue and knowledge sharing - and how the breadth of our business helps their diverse and evolving careers.
Interested in helping build and develop the world''s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals? The app also shares our latest technology vacancies globally.
Learn how our technologists help build the knowledge economy.
Download ourTech Careers iPad app
Job: Technology Development