Director of Vendor Services
Location US-NY-DUMBO - Brooklyn
* Apply for this job online
* Email this job to a friend
Tough Mudder is growing. Fast. And to keep up with our explosive growth, we’re looking to build on our biggest strength: Our People. Our mission is ‘to create unconventional, life-changing experiences’ and we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, full of quirky overachievers who are smart, passionate, and great at what they do.
The breakout success of the Tough Mudder brand has created an overwhelming amount of opportunity, and we’re looking for the best and brightest to join us. In just three years, we’ve grown from three events to 60 and are projecting more than $150 million in revenue in 2013, making us one of the fastest growing companies in the world.
We believe that Tough Mudder offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those humble few who share our vision of delivering great experiences for our customers and for ourselves. We are looking for people who want more than a job or even a career - they’re seeking an enlightened lifestyle. As a member of TMHQ, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re really capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and to enjoy the journey of building a world-class events organization.
We work out of a beautiful office in New York’s creative capital, DUMBO, living and breathing the ethos of the event we’re so proud to deliver to the world. Sound like something you can get on board with? Watch this video for more information and then apply!
We’re looking to hire a Director of Vendor Services who can join our growing organization as a strong leader with undeniable knowledge and expertise developing vendor strategy and managing relationships gained in multi-site complex businesses. The Director of Vendor Services will work with the Operations senior management team and have full responsibility and direct accountability for Logistics, Procurement, and Obstacle Construction departments. This person will have the experience and credibility to contribute to our overall business strategy, set the strategy for Vendor Services as a whole, drive change through smart improvements and build world-class teams from current early stages.
* Provide strong leadership, motivation and direction as the head of Vendor Services
* Overall accountability for provision of logistics, procurement, and construction services to other operational departments in North America and be a resource for worldwide teams
* Build world-class capability functions from nascent stage (particularly Logistics and Procurement) including overall accountability for defining the strategy and developing robust systems and processes
* Build strong relationships with key strategic partners and suppliers
* Negotiate and oversee key contracts for a wide variety of vendors, currently representing over $50 million in spend, and due to grow to over $100 million in spend in by 2014
* Develop and manage the Vendor Services budget and all related fiscal forecasting and planning activities
* Oversee and provide guidance to department heads, as well as embedding a culture of continuous improvement within the team
* Assess competency of the organization and put in place plans for any restructuring, recruitment and/or development of key people as necessary
* Design and implement robust metrics, tracking and reporting systems
* Make recommendations & build business case for other appropriate strategic investments to improve efficiency / reduce costs in the department
* Excellent strategic and analytical skills
* Proven leader and communicator
* Motivated and driven to affect change
* Energetic, effective manager
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects at once
* Works well in a team and across all departments to solve problems
* Practical with vision to see the big picture
* Willing to be based in Brooklyn with some domestic/international travel as needed
* Minimum of 7 years of experience working in logistics, procurement and / or other vendor services related role
* An MBA or Master’s Degree with focus in Logistics, Supply Chain or Engineering a plus
* Track record of successful transformation gained in a range of entrepreneurial and complex organizations
* Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment
* Strong knowledge of related industries including current Best Practices
* An understanding of cross-border considerations including tax implications and the best way to leverage cross-border tax issues a plus
* Demonstrated experience scaling capability functions in support of a rapidly growing business
* Demonstrated experience in successful modeling and continuous improvement methodologies
* Solid track record of creating, motivating and developing high performance teams
Go back to the welcome page
Need further assistance?